Chapter 2

'I walked down the hallway of my freshman year school. I'm walking toward my crush Carter, he's talking to his friends about God knows what. I'm really determined unlike last time when I freaked out and bailed.

"Carter can I talk to you for a second?" He just looks at me and nods his head, we walk away from his friends and I just look at him, he looks uncomfortable.

"So what did you want to talk about?" He asked and snaps me out of my daze. "Um I just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out sometime" I don't make eye contact, I'm afraid, "um I'm sorry Giselle but I can't, I have a thing that day" he says. That's exactly what I was afraid of.

"I never said what time or day" I pointed out, dipshit.

"Oh right, I'm sorry I just don't want to" he walks away, like he didn't take my heart with him.'

That was the day I declared my hatred for Carter, that was the day I became the heartless bitch I am, he knew I was the ugly girl and he knew I was sensitive so for him to just stomp all over my feelings is just a dick move.

I've liked him from 6th grade to freshman year and I think he knew that and wanted to humiliate me.

I wait outside for Charles and just stand there. There are a couple people here but no one really talks to me, I'm "too scary" as someone put it one time, they cried when I told them to shut up. My cousin is such a wimp.

I see Carter walk my way with his head down, he doesn't see me so I just stand in front of him until he bumps into me. My face hits his chest then he stopped walking and looked at me. Just seeing him made me want to punch him.

"Wassup ugly" I called him by that lie, I hate him but I'm not blind. "What do you want Giselle" he asked looking like he was in a rush, I don't care if I'm wasting his time, I wasted my time when I tried to ask him out.

"For you to die" I pushed him on the ground and kicked him in the stomach and punched him in the face with all my force, it felt good. He had his arms over his stomach with a pained look on his face, I almost felt sorry. Almost.

I seen the car from a distance so I walked away from Carter's helpless body and waited for the car to pull up next to me.

I hopped in and buckled up. "What happened to that boy" Charlie asked driving away "I don't know, probably got hit by something" I said casually, I feel bad for lying to one of the most important people in the world to me but oh well.

We drive in silence until we reached the gate to my house, Charlie said the password and the gates opened as we drove in. I hop out of the car after saying bye to Charlie and asking up to my house. When I open the door and walk into the kitchen I see my mom and dad sitting at the table arguing I'm just excited to see them, they haven't been here since November, it's almost May.

"HEY MOM, HEY DAD" I shout to get there attention, my dad looks at me with a smile and opens his arms for a hug. I run and jump into his arms, I'm a huge daddies girl.

"Where were you guys this time?" I asked a little mad that they didn't even bother to tell me they were leaving, they just told Melissa to tell me they left.

"We were in Florida" my mom answered, that's a long way considering we live in California. "Wow, why didn't you tell me you were leaving?" I asked the question I was dying to ask since they left.

"Well we were in a rush and we couldn't contact you in time for our flight" my dad said, that was the worst excuse ever, and I should know I'm always making up excuses.