Chapter 12

It's raining today. I love the rain.

It's so calming hearing it hit the ground and seeing how the streets are so vacant. I almost walked to school but I thought about my hair. I spent good money for this.

I had on baggy gray sweatpants and a purple hoodie with hoop earrings with my white hurraches and no makeup. It's a bum day since it's raining. I also wore my glasses since I ran out of contacts.

As I was driving up to the school I saw Stephanie, her hair is blonde and in a messy bun. I've never seen her natural hair color.

I drive beside her.

"Hey girl, hop in" she smiles and gets in the passengers seat putting her umbrella down.

"Thank you, I'm so tired" she leaned back in the seat and closed her eyes. I never thought she would look so different with her natural hair color.

After ten minutes we got to school and I had to wake her up since she fell asleep.

We walk through the halls sluggish and I walk up to Carter's locker that he was at.

"Hey sis" he looked confused.

"Giselle?" He looked closely at my face. I gave him a stank face.

"Who else would I be? Do I look that different without makeup?" I smile and cup my face in my hands.

"Yea, I mean it's not a bad different but your acne is gone and your glasses are back, I haven't seen you without makeup and glasses since freshman year" he looked panicked as if I would be offended. I wasn't.

"Yea well I developed a skincare routine" I put my stuff at the bottom of his locker and close it.

"You copied my outfit" I said looking him up and down. He wore gray sweatpants with a blue hoodie but with his dirty shoes that's I'm gonna buy another pair of.

"Yea well it's perfect weather for this" he smiled and put his hands in his pockets.

"See ya" he walked into his class that we passed and I walked into my home room which was three doors down.

I sat in my seat and put my hood up. It's a very gloomy day and everyone is quiet. It's like this most rainy days.

(Honestly this is my school, everyone is so quiet and tired when it rains)

The teacher walks in and starts talking about whatever she was talking about while most people sat with their headphones in or had their head down.

I was one of the people with their head down.

Forty five minutes went by and it was time for our next class. I had study hall so I went to sleep.

"Hey wake up" I heard a deep voice say. I put my head up to see Carter and Daron. They sat down on either side of me.

"What do you want?" I ask Carter, he shrugs and puts his head down.

"I don't want to go to gym, it's too early and I'm exhausted " he said, I nod and put my head on his back. I heard him gasp and I think he stopped breathing for a second before calming down.

"You having that party at your house?" Daron asked me.

"Yea, it's for him" I point at Carter.

"I was against it" he says from under me. I push him and he goes quiet.

Daron looks at me and smiles making a heart with his hands. I kick him and go back to my nap on Carter's back. He's comfortable as hell.