Chapter 9

Carter's POV

Talking to Giselle was nice. She knew how to keep the conversation going even when I was quiet, I didn't know if she was tricking me or was genuinely being nice but I'm not falling for anything. Its happened to me too many times.

Anyway, I have to go pick my princess up and take her to work with me. Yes I stayed at someone's house when I had work and to be honeste I'm not as tired as I thought I would be.

(A/n I always stay at peoples houses on work nights, its quiet nice to have fun the next day and work with annoying people the next so you won't be as irritated with the rude parents , I work at a daycare and its stressful with badass kids but those are my babies even tho they get hella smart)

If anyone was wondering, I work at Burger King. I just started and its a good job if you don't mind rude customer's. Taylor sits at one of the tables in front of the counter so I can see her at all times, even on busy days. She usually just sits there and plays with toys or ask questions a lot. I don't mind though.

I've had people from school come in but not a lot of people know me, they sometimes know me as ' the boy that gets beat up by Giselle' I never say anything. If I say anything I might get beat up by them so I hold my tongue.

As I'm about to walk out of the door I hear someone call me "yes?" I turn around and saw the girl Giselle brought in here, I think her cousin " how are you getting home?" She asked me. What's it to her? I'll never say that out loud " the bus" I said " would you like to ride with me and my cousin?" She asked "LOREN STOP HANDING OUT RIDES, YOU'RE NOT THE ONE DRIVING SO YOU CAN STOP BEING FRIENDLY WITH YA FAKE ASS" I hear Giselle yell from another room, not gonna lie she scared the crap out of me.

"OK WELL I THOUGHT YALL WAS FRIENDS DONT BE RUDE" Loren yelled back. Giselle came down the stairs in light ripped jeans and a spaghetti strapped white shirt with white air force ones. Everyone I see has those shoes. Well not me, I can't afford them with the little money I make.

"Oh its him, I thought you were inviting the guy that was flirting with you all last night" She said looking at me "omg are you serious? You're wearing a hoodie again?" She said with a ' what ' face " I get cold easily " I said pulling my hood up and pulling the strings.

" mmhm" she looked at me suspiciously before walking past me and out the door "come on I'll give you a ride" I sighed relieved she didn't ask more questions. I walked to the door and yelled bye to everyone as they said it back I walked out, nice people.

Heading over to her expensive looking car I hopped in the front seat as I see her cousin get in the back "so where do you live?" I didn't want to tell her at first because my neighborhood is embarrassing and so bad. But I did need to get home, I told her the address and she looked emotionless. Usually when I tell someone I live there they look scared or something.

"Elle isn't that where you used to live?" Loren asked Giselle "yea I still know the neighbors if they're still living there" it was a relief they didn't judge me. I probably would have jump out of the moving car if they did.

"So Carter, I've heard that you knew my cousin for a long time" Loren said sitting up to where she's looking at the side of my face, I knew what she was talking about and I kinda figured this nice thing was a trap, they're probably gonna beat me up. I started shaking as anxiety started coming.

My breathing was heavy as I continued to think about the what if's " hey hey relax, I'm not gonna hit you like this meany" she pointed to a concentrating Giselle, Giselle took her hand off of the wheel and hit Loren upside the head causing Loren to jump back. She came back up to me "told ya" she whispered.