Chapter 75

The song for this chapter is "Disarray" by Lifehouse. Seems appropriate for my life atm. XD Thank you all for being patient. There is a specific place to start the song marked in the chapter.

*Jordan's POV*

I stretched as I walked outside to see Miante and Tucker sparring. Apparently they had been at it yesterday too, but I had missed it. I was happy that they at least appeared to be on better terms now. Tucker had been super jumpy around him right after we'd gotten back from Amniosis.

Tom had been awake when I turned up last night and told me about how Tucker had schooled Mianite. Apparently Mianite hadn't physically fought in a century or two—certainly not after Gaines had given him his "upgrades". I wasn't sure I believed Tom as I watched them fight now. Mianite with his mythril battleaxe was terrifying. He knocked Tucker clear across the dome with one hit. Tucker took the hit well and was back in front of Mianite before I could blink, stabbing with an old rapier I hadn't seen him use in months. He landed a solid hit to Mianite's side just under his ribs. It didn't do any real damage to the god, but Mianite vanished before my eyes.

I blinked in surprise as Tucker opened the visor of his helmet and fist pumped in victory. Sonja and Tom cheered from where they sat under a peach tree beside a meteorite crater. I thought it was odd that the tree was still in full leaf in the middle of winter, but then again, Mianite was a god.

"Good morning, Sparklez," Mianite said as he walked out of the house behind me, scaring me half to death. Mianite didn't seem to notice my reaction. "You know you could have slept in Ianite's old room; her bed would have been more comfortable than that lumpy sofa." I had crashed on the couch in Mianite's house after Tom went to bed around 3 a.m.

"Yeah, it just didn't seem right. I'll be back over at my own bed tonight anyways. I just didn't want to fight off the mobs." Or the psychopath in grey and black robes, I added mentally.

Mianite nodded at me. "Very well." Turning to face Tucker once more he asked, "One more round?" When Tucker nodded, Mianite snapped his fingers. Mythril armor appeared over Mianite's suit as he hefted his silver-blue battleaxe in one hand. I looked over at Tucker to see that the bruises on his face had vanished before he closed his visor.

"Oh, Mianite means business now!" Tom taunted Tucker as I walked over to join him and Sonja.

While we watched Tucker and his god fight a much more even battle, Sonja explained that Mianite had set up some spell to teleport him away if he took a certain amount of "damage" to simulate respawn and make the fight fair. "Mianite wants to be ready to kick some butt if he runs into Creeper McCreepington," Sonja added.

"Somehow, I don't think that's going to help," I said quietly, leaning back against the tree trunk.

"What makes you say that?" Sonja asked.

I yawned and answered grudgingly, "I may have run into World Historian yesterday..."

"Dude, are you okay? What happened?" Tom demanded, sitting up from where he'd sprawled on the grass, genuine concern written on his green face.

I recapped what had happened in my spectre dimension last night, trying to repeat everything he'd said word for word. Mianite and Tucker's sparring had slowed down as they tried to catch what I said too. Tom seemed relieved when I ended my tale, and he cleared his throat. "Hey, Sparklez? Remember when you asked me about my sword?" I nodded. "I think he may have paid me a visit too." Tom quickly told us about finding his sword and the note. I could definitely see why he had been worried now.

Mianite had a frown on his face after Tom's tale and paused his fight with Tucker to walk over to us. "May I see your sword, Syndicate? If World Historian is as skilled in magic as I suspect, it would be better to be safe than sorry."