3 *Tyler's POV*

Mother Nature had decided to be kind today as it was in the mid 60s. I decided to put on a floral short-sleeved button up and a pair of black skinny jeans. I messed my hair up a bit in my mirror before scrunching my nose at my reflection and turning to grab what I needed. I swung my backpack over my shoulder, grabbed my uke, and locked my apartment door behind me.

I entered the coffee shop with a smile on my lips and lyrics in my mind. I decided to get there a bit early so that I could have some quiet to write. My roommates, Mel and Ash, were always up late either bickering about something or gushing over gossip. They're cool girls, but they love drama.

I sat at a small table near the stage and took my notebook out of my bag. I shut my eyes tight and imagined the words flowing in my mind. I saw them dancing through the darkness in a beautiful mess. I opened my eyes and began to write down some possible lines. I felt like an addict with a pen as wrote. I needed the words to survive. I decided editing would have to wait until I got home.

I did my usual setup and usual speech before prepping for my first song. I sang a cover of Blackbird and the audience seemed to love it. I saw one woman crying and I almost broke down and cried as well. To think that my singing caused someone such emotions was an impossible thought. I was waiting to start my second song as people were placing money in my case when my attention was drawn to a mess of red hair.

The red hair was attached to a cute face with kind eyes and a soft smile. Suddenly his eyes met mine. I gulped hard and looked away before beginning again.

"Thank you guys so much! Next, I'm going to sing an original song, if that's okay with you guys. It's called trees."

I know where you stand
Silent in the trees
And that's where I am
Silent in the trees.
Why won't you speak
Where I happen to be?
Silent in the trees
Standing cowardly.

I closed my eyes as I sang. I was so afraid of the rejection. This was the first time that anyone, other than my brother, was hearing a song that I wrote.

I can feel your breath.
I can feel my death.
I want to know you.
I want to see.
I want to say hello.
Hello. Hello-oh-o. Hello.

I sang the same words again, but with a much different inflection in my voice. The second time had to be more urgent and more pleading. I finished the song and looked up worriedly. All of my worry was washed away when I heard applause. It wasn't thunderous or momentous, but it was applause. They applauded for a song that I wrote.

I did one last cover before packing up for the night. I tried to look for Red (I had decided to nickname him that) after I was packed up, but he must've left with the rest of the crowd.