The Truth Behind The Tears

My mother was a drinker. She would come home late at night with the smell of alcohol in her breath. I can't really say that things didn't go badly each time, but who can blame me for wanting to stay in my delusions. One night she came home drunk like usual and every time I would do the same thing. I locked myself in my room and pulled my dresser to the door. She would knock on my door repeatedly until her body gave up and decided to go to bed. I suffered from sleep deprivation. I didn't ask for this at all.

     I would cry myself to sleep every night. I couldn't stand living a life such as this one. I wanted to run away so badly, but God was I such a coward. The tears would fall so easily every time, but one night my tears could not fall no more. This was going to be the night that I would tell my story of the time that I escaped the demons inside me.

     I got up from my bed and quietly dragged my dresser to the position it was before I moved it to the door. I opened the door carefully so it wouldn't make any noise. I went down the stairs and into the kitchen. I grabbed the knife on the countertop and made my way up the stairs. At that time, I knew that I have finally lost it, but I didn't care. I stopped at her bedroom door and opened it. I came up next to her bed and held the knife slightly above her. Then I..............

     Woke up to see that it was just a dream. I would have the same dream every night I closed my eyes. I dreamt about it every day and night. My mother was addicted to alcohol, but the dreams in which my mother died was my addiction. I loved the feeling that I got when I held her cold lifeless body in my arms. It was a sensational feeling. But who knew that one day it would become........

a REALITY!

-------------------------------------------------------
The second part came sooner than I expected! Well, will the mother die in the hands of her daughter or will she refuse to give into her demons. Find out in part 3 of this story.
Please feel free to leave any comments!!