Chapter 18

I decide to stay silent in order to prevent from any awkward conversations we are destined to have. Harry moves his hand towards the radio to turn it up. It plays some music that I am definitely not familiar with. But he seems to be enjoying it, and I don’t mind really. We stay silent until I had to open my mouth and ask the question that’s been bothering me for long.

“Where are we going?”

“Nowhere special.” He says without taking his eyes off the road.

“But you said we are going to go to your favourite place?” I say and it comes out like a question.

“Yeah, but it’s not that special. Just what I call special.” He says coolly which is frustrating. Looking out of the window, I sigh.

How weird? First he tells me that he is going to take me somewhere special and now he says that it is ‘nowhere special’. I mean, he seriously needs to make his mind up if he thinks that place is special. I mean he is going to drive me insane and he probably is insane himself and trying to put it on me as well. The thing is I don’t understand him. Sometimes he is being a jerk and the next minute he is acting like a gentleman.

“Don’t worry; I am not going to eat you up or anything.” He says after a long silence of me thinking.

“No, it’s just...never mind.” I say.

“Well, you need to get yourself together.” He says. What? Who does he think he is to say that to me? Before I can say anything, he starts to speak. “We’re here.”

I look outside and it looks completely normal. Restaurants. Houses. Shops. Everything. What is so special about this place?

“Umm....where are we?” I say stupidly, even though I know the answer.

“In the city.” He says and looks over to me giving me a duh look.

“I thought we were going to go...I don’t know...never mind.”

“Yes, ‘never mind’” He says and opens the door to his car.

I don’t know what to do so I sit awkwardly in the car seat, maybe waiting for him to open the door for me, which he normally does. Maybe for Rebecca as well. My mind thinks of her and suddenly, I start to feel sick and the air around me gets thick.

Harry opens the door and I choke outside in the air.

“Are you okay?” He says holding me awkwardly.

“Yeah. I just felt sick for two seconds.” I say, stepping outside in the chilled air. Maybe I should have worn something on top.

Harry obviously notices my shivers in the cold and takes him woolly jacket off and puts it around my cold shoulders.

“You look nice in the jacket.” He says and my eyes go wide.

“Sorry. Let’s go inside.” Clearly embarrassed by his own comment, which is rather rare, he leads me inside a very posh restaurant.

A waiter, who is wearing a black and white suit, a bow, welcomes us. Moments later, he is leading us towards a table right at the corner of the restaurant. The place around is very empty and there is hardly anyone here. As we are seated, me taking the seat right in the corner, and Harry, in front of me, facing away from the others in the restaurant. As the air surrounding around us starts to get awkward, Harry speaks up.

“So, what do you like to eat?”

Ignoring his question, a thought rushes in my mind and as soon as I realise it, I blurt it out. Maybe. Are we....

“Are we on a date?” I question him, making a confused face with my eyebrow raised.

“What?! No!” He clearly says, looking confused himself.

“Oh yeah, I forgot. You have Rebecca.” As soon as those words come out of my mouth, I regret them.

“Look, all I am doing is trying to be friends with you, which clearly isn’t working out so far.” He explains and I am confused, again, by his words.

“But I thought Rebecca....”I start to say but he interrupts.

“Told you not to be friends with me or even be close to me. Right?” He finishes off for me, like he can read my mind.

“Yeah.”

“Look, I don’t care who she wants me to be friends with. If I want to be friends with you, then I can. She has no right to stop me being friends with anyone.” He says and those words sound unbelievable but perfect at the same time. I don’t know which one to choose.

“But what if she does something to hurt me...again?” I add regardless of what he is about to say.

“No, she won’t. I will stand by you, this time I will. She can’t tell me who to be friends with and to not.” He says and then again, the words are purely perfect.

“Okay.” I simply agree.

I don’t know if I am asking him to be friends with me or accepting the fact that he will take my side when it comes to Rebecca but all I know right now is that all the bad thoughts I had about Harry, have now seemed to disappear off. Maybe I am starting to see the good side of him. And yes, I want to. I want to see the good side of him. I know he has been trying his best to be close to me and to get to know me, but I always dismiss him off, thinking of the consequences that will take place if anything happens between me and Harry. I think about what happened earlier on in the day...Oops. I forgot about that. I need to ask him again.

“Harry?”

“Yeah.”

“You know...what happened today...like...” I struggle with words and Harry can see that clearly on my face because I am the cause of the smirk on his face at the moment.

“What? The kiss?” He says, not embarrassed or anything. Oh sure, why would he be embarrassed?

“Yeah..like...I mean...is that...is that going to happen again between us?” I say the words quickly that I am concerned if he understood them properly.

“No. I am sorry for what happened. I don’t know what I was thinking.” He says, looking down on the table.

“It’s alright. You don’t have to apologize but just make sure nothing like that happens again. Since we are friends as well.” I say, showing off my smile.

“Yes. Shall we order food? I’m hungry.” He says, making a face that makes him look the cutest person on the earth.

“Yeah, sure. Obviously, I am hungry too.” I say and laugh lightly but Harry laughs harder and then I join in.

Minutes later, Harry orders the food and when the food is getting ready; we sit and talk about stuff we haven’t really talked about. Or this is what I think. We are smiling at some embarrassing stuff, laughing at some stupid and hilarious memories and what we think about the teachers.

After what feels like hours, the waiter makes his way towards our table to serve us our food. There is a range of food to eat from. Pasta and chicken are the only one I could recognize. As soon as the waiter walks away, we dive into our food, laughing hysterically at our actions.  

Again, we get busy into talking about memories from our past which feels great to talk to someone after a long time of keeping it inside me until the moment is ruined. The same girl who I was not expecting to see, the girl with pink hair and a pink bag who I am really familiar with now and we have only met once, enters through the door. Her head snaps in our direction immediately. Harry doesn't seem to notice. Her eyes narrow as she makes her way towards our table.

(Hey Guys, Sorry I said I would update but I had a bit of a problem. I hope you like this chapter and let me know what you think. Thank you soo much for 40 votes on this book. Cute as a button every single one of the person who voted. Love you so much x Vote and comment and let me know what you think. Who do you think that girl is who just walked through the door? Love you x Vote and Comment plzzz xxx)