Isabella

I only visited Jordan once. It was the day after the accident. Her mother, little sister, and Alex were their. I came with Cass, Eddy, and Laney. They took out the piece of glass lodged into her forehead. They say she's in a coma.

• • • • •

"Knock, knock," I say as I step into the hospital room. Her mother is talking to someone on the phone. Her little sister is hugging Alex and won't let go. Alex is holding Jordan's left hand and mumbling words to her. Jordan is laying on the bed, motionless. A tear rolls down my cheek. Oh god!

Alex looks up at us and says, "Thanks for comin', guys! Jordan's heart is still beatin'. At least I didn't kill her." He breaks down into tears.

"I never meant for this to happen. I never wanted anythin' bad to happen to her. I love her. Does she love me? I guess, I don't know for certain." I embrace Alex first. Her little sister is now hugging her mother.

"She loves ya. Trust me, I know," I say, tears rolling down my face. And we sat there until Laney wanted to talk to him.

• • • • •

I left after that. What else was I suppose to do? I couldn't go in there it was too depressing. So I didn't ever come back. Do I regret it? A little bit, yeah. But, my life is depressing. My father jumped off a bridge and my mother battles from depression.