The Ties That Bind

William, the leader of the pack of vampires that was feeding off the local town. was resting in his nest with his large number of turned children, getting strength for the next night.

"Those damned Hunters, our numbers have been cut in half," William's second in command, Steve, said. He was a shorter, black man in his thirties who had been with William since before either of them had been turned. "Both food and soldier wise."

"That ends tonight," William said. "If the information our inside person has been giving us is correct, we can wipe out all the Hunters in one blow and be out celebrating by 2."

"You think our mole is right?" Steve asked as William looked into a small room.

"Oh, I know this is our night," William told him as he pointed to someone sleeping on a bed with a chain around his ankle. "As long as we have him. Make sure everything's ready. We leave in an hour, and camp out close to the farm. We strike just after sunset."

*

"The farm is surrounded by various demon traps, designed for vampires, demons, shapeshifters and others," Prue told Adam as they walked along. "Rigged stakes, bear traps, demon traps, pits lined with silver bars, and others. There's only one safe path in, and we change it daily to keep the monsters who know where we are guessing."

"Any monsters ever get through?" Adam asked.

"Not yet, but not from lack of trying" Prue told him. "I know you said you hate the Winchesters, but a lot of these traps are ones they personally suggested and spread the word on. They're dicks, but they've moved the Hunting game a lot further in ten years than most Hunters have in their entire lives."

"I still owe 'em for what they did to me," Adam told her as Alfie came up to them, just before Prue could ask just exactly what.

"Adam, I want you to meet someone," Alfie smiled in his own adorable way.

"I feel like I want to hug him when he smiles," Prue said to Adam.

"I know, right?" Adam asked as they followed him.

*

"This is it?" Ben asked as he looked Adam up and down. "He looked bigger laying on his back."

"Uh... phrasing? And you are?" Adam asked as the two young men stood outside of the barn while Prue and Alfie watched.

"Name's Ben," Ben said. "Ben Braeden. I'm a Hunter in training."

"I hear Hunters are pretty good," Adam said. "How good are you?"

"I can shoot a fly out from between its wings at twenty yards," Ben replied. "Not that I would ever hurt a fly, mind you. I save that rage for those fanged bastards."

"I think these two are going to get along pretty well," Prue said as she looked at Alfie. "So, Alfie, how long do you and your brother plan on staying?"

"I'm not sure," Alfie told her as he watched Adam make a new friend. "We really have no where to go. I can not return home like this," Alfie said, meaning Heaven. "And Adam is intent on harming his brothers when we find them."

"Don't you mean your brothers, too?" Prue asked.

Before Alfie could answer, Ben took Prue's hand. "We start our training in fifteen minutes. I'm gonna take my girl for a little... quality time before that. You two can hang around here, but don't touch my car, got it?"

"You two are-" Adam asked as he looked between Ben and Prue.

"Got a problem, new boy?" Ben asked.