chapter 7

I gaged under my breath as I smelt his nauseating stench, Andi taking the note taped to his bloody shirt and reading it aloud after I noticed it was in Wendy's handwriting. Out of all people. Her little brother, John, hung up from his neck with a note taped on him from Wendy. Wendy? She couldn't have done this, she would never have done something this evil to her brother. But it was her handwriting on the note...

"Head west through the woods until you find his ship. That's where you'll find me, and your friends. And darling, don't think of attacking. It will only cause your fate on this island to be...death-dealing."

Your truly,

Wendy Darling.

Andi read me the note and said the last few words with a terror in her voice. She was scared, even though she wouldn't admit it. I felt subdued, and a bit broken. But my trust and compassion for Wendy flooded over me, crowding my feelings of worry and terror.

"What do we do now? I mean, Wendy's a killer! She killed this poor boy and is playing some sort of malicious game on us." Andi slurred her words, each word coming out louder then the next.

"No. She's not a killer." I replied, locking my eyes with the deceased John, remembering his first trip to Neverland with Wendy and Michael. He never liked me, not until I let them go home. Before he thought I was a 'coward with serious issues' as he would always say. The thought made me giggle a bit, strangely.

"Um, do you not see this dead body, and her note? This is not a joke Peter!I came to Neverland so I could live not so I could die quicker then I already am!" Andi screamed, pacing, obviously loosing her cool.

"Its her brother, Andi. This is her brother. She didn't do it, she could never take a life so easily, especially not like this--not her brother."

"Oh so the lunatic kills her own family?!" Andi replied, throwing her hands in the air and holding her head, stressed out and just as astounded as I was. I decided to knock some sense into her, it was the only way to get my words across.

"Wendy did not kill her own brother, Andi! Look you need to calm down, take a second to breathe. Black Beard framed her, most likely. Made her write the note while he's holding her hostage to piss me off." At my words, Andi breathed deeply, and closed her eyes for a minute to think clearly.

The bastard was trying to get under my skin, by kidnapping Wendy and making her do this. What else is he making her do.....

I winced at the thought, not letting my mind trail off too far or it would lead me down a spiral of disgusting, horrifying thoughts that wouldn't help me find her. Determination would. I knew I would find her. And when I do, I want to run up to her and kiss her like I haven't seen her in years. I want to taste her happiness in my mouth, as my joys and my powers get re-attached to me and form me into a better person. I would stop at nothing to find that girl, even if it means I die trying.

________________________

"You love her, don't you? Andi asked out of nowhere as I cut down John's body and began the fire to burn him properly in respect to his life. I couldn't leave him like that, his dried up, pale skin crumpling into nothing as his eyes hung open and lifeless, a purple scar around his neck with blood all over his shirt. Wendy would have insisted I give him a proper memorial before the bugs chew his flesh away.

I pretended not to know what she meant, even though I knew exactly who she was talking about. "What do you mean?"

She playfully scoffed, then replied with, "You know exactly what I mean, Pan. I see the way you talk about her and want to find her." Andi seemed back to her normal, sarcastic self which pleased me. Seeing her freak out like she did caused me to want to freak out myself, but I held it in, for Wendy.