Chapter 13

Have you ever had your heart broken before? Or watched someone you cared deeply about die right in your arms, feeling the life being sucked out of them and seeing their eyes shift from a dazzling blue color to well...nothing. Watching as their face grows empty and sinks out into oblivion. Then after all that, seeing them completely and literally disappear right in front of your eyes. Vanish like they weren't even there, no body in sight. Only the lost memories that you then would have to carry with you every waking moment until your body shook with anger.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder gently as my face was soaked with tears. I wanted no company, I just wanted to stay alone in the large tent that I claimed when my lost boys set up the camp right outside Tink's hut. I just want to lay in my well-made cot and sleep away the pain. But deep inside, I know I have to deal with much more pain and agony for what's coming...what I have to do to Wendy.

"You should rest. Its been a long night...and its almost the morning." I heard Wendy's voice speak carefully over me as I sat on the edge of my wide cot.

"I cant sleep." I said without turning to look at her as she sat next to me on my cot. I know now that my time with her is going to have to be limited...so I might as well make the most of every last moment I spend with this beauty.

She put her hand on my shoulder again, directing me to look at her, and said, "Then talk to me, Pan. You know you can talk to me."

I said nothing. I stood still starring at my tent's floor trying to shake the image of Andi's dead body lying in my arms for a few seconds until it completely vanished to thin air and to a meaningless nothing. She deserved so much better, I thought as I felt my lower lip quiver and Wendy rap her arms around me into a comforting, welcoming hug.

For a moment I was stiff, until I then completely let myself fall into her embrace as my sobs soaked the blue night dress Tink let Wendy use. Wendy soothed me with quiet, "Shhh"'s and "Its okay,"'s.

"She never got to meet her sister, or find her girlfriend again..." I said as my voice cracked a bit. In reality, I was crying for far more then just Andi's recent death. I know what I'm going to have to do to the ones I love, and I'm afraid it will leave me lonely forever...

Wendy bombarded my thoughts as she set her soft hands on my cheeks, starring into my wet eyes. With sniffles I forced myself to stop the pointless sobbing and silent my cries to just look into Wendy;into the face I know so well but will soon not even remember our moments together.

Wendy directed me to move my legs onto the cot so she could therefor sit on top of my lap facing me with passion in her eyes. Her body sat lightly on my firm lap as I took her face into my hands and without warning kissed her, letting our lips move and say the words I was so afraid to speak. I then moved my hands down to her waist, tightening my grip on her back to try and bring her body closer to mine. I wanted it as close as possible, the warmth of her causing me to momentarily forget the tragic events that seemed to happen a billion years ago.

The touch of her lips moved to my neck as I bit my lip trying to hide the sounds that wanted so badly to moan out of me. One of her hands was gripping the back of my neck as the other moved along in my hair, her lips still kissing and biting away at the soft spot of my neck sending an exhilarating feeling to overwhelm me as our breaths became heavy. Our bodies moved slightly up and down, craving more of each other by every passing second. I felt my arm grip tighten around her small waist as my fingers clawed at her back.

Pan," She said between kisses--still on my neck, "Come home with me."

I blinked at her words, my grip loosening as I pondered what she was trying to say. Her head pulled away from my neck now, our breathing still heavy as her face was inches away from mine.