chapter 15: The end.

The sky began to show It's first signs of the sunset as the cool air swept over Neverland, sending a breeze throughout the vast woods. I had my back to a tree, the only things around me; the quiet of the forest. My fingernails dug into the wood of the dark brown, tall tree as I searched around me for the only person that mattered.

"Wendy!" I called out as my voice echoed the forest hum. I began to jog around trees and bushes, calling out for my love over and over.

"Wendy! Where are you?" I shouted, then as a terrible thought appeared in my brain, I broke out into a sprint--now yelling her name at the top of my lungs as sweat dripped down my temple and my heart raced faster then my feet ran.

I heard a familiar giggle in the direction to my right, and I spun around only to see Wendy smiling, her body behind a bush but her head peaked out. She then sprinted towards me and without warning jumped onto me, wrapping her legs around my waist and arms around my neck. I stumbled backward a bit but caught my balance quickly as I buried my head into her shoulder and let my arms hold her back and grasp her waist.

"You scared me, Wendy. Don't ever do that again." I said relived and muffled through Wendy's shoulder.

"Its not my fault your bad at hide-and-seek." She replied laughing some more as I just stood there, holding her gorgeous fragile body in my arms like it was the last time I ever would...which I knew it probably would be.

I have spent the last few hours I have with Wendy playing games, kissing around the large fire pit, and talking about our dreams more as we explored into the endless woods.

"Pan, what's wrong? You've been acting weird all day." Wendy said as she got down from my hold and put her sweet palm on my cheek. I loved being alone with her, it was a moment I will cherish until the end of my days...whenever that will be.

"Nothing. Your just so beautiful...I cant keep my hands off of you." I replied, forcing a smile as Wendy blushed. She then kissed me on my cheek as I swallowed hard, knowing that it is time.

"Wendy...I need to bring you somewhere." I said as my voice cracked with every word.

"Ok...Where?" She replied as I took her hand and began to lead her back to the camp to find Baelfire and my young lost boy Freddie who would completely forget his life before he turns into "John Darling."

"An adventure." I lied as I forced a smirk to form on my lips. I then stopped in my tracks and looked at the confused Wendy. "Hold onto me."

"What?" She asked bewildered.

And now, a true smile appeared on my face as I grabbed her body and held it close to mine, and without warning Wendy I flew up and into the air. Wendy let out a small shriek of fear and excitement as she quickly grabbed onto my body tighter then ever.

"Oh my god!" She shouted as she smiled wider then she ever had before, staring out into the array of beautifully green trees as I flew over them. The wind blew in our hair, causing Wendy to look resplendent. And at that moment, we defined gravity as time froze beneath us and all there was in this world was Wendy and I. Wendy illuminated with beauty and blissfulness as she let out a radiant glow of pure joy. This...this was all I ever wanted in life. To see my one true love holding onto me so tightly as her eyes widened and her smile was so bright it could heat the earth. To watch as she laughs uncontrollably and is truly, completely happy. There is no greater joy then watching the person you've given everything to, glow with such a happiness it melts you to know it wont last.

I landed us at the campsite as Baelfire stood resting his back on a tree and tapping his foot impatiently on the ground. Freddie stood next to him, his light brown hair slightly wavy as the young boy knew what he had to do. I had Baelfire talk to him about the situation while I was off playing in the woods with Wendy. I told Baelfire to tell him about what my plans were and how he wouldn't remember a thing about Neverland just like the rest of them, and how he would think he was a boy named John Darling. No one would ever know the truth, It's better that way.