Prologue

Pov Lauren

"Lauren!" Lisa rushes into the hospital room. I stare at Dani her body. It's pale. But she looks calm. I feel two arms around me. "I was so worried about you..." She said while holding me closer to her. I don't mind. I needed a hug so hard. I turn around and look at Lisa. I burst into tears. 

"Lisa? Lauren?!" The whole family runs into the room. I look at them. It was so long ago since the last time I saw them. I missed them. 

I'm still crying and holding on into Lisa. I feel more arms around me. I kept crying. How can she be gone? I miss her. This is all my fault! If I didn't wrote Ethan's address on that letter. None of this would have happened. She would be still home. Save. 

"I miss her.." I said while holding on Lisa her shirt. "We all do.. We all do," Lisa said still holding me. The tears are also streaming down her face. 

"Dani..."  Joey looks at Dani. The little boy his cheeks are wet. He can't see her like this! 

Amy walks to Joey and she starts hugging him. The tears are also streaming down her face. Suddenly I feel more arms around me. "I missed you Lauren.." I hear someone whispering. How can they think about me, when Dani is dead?! HOW?!

.

.

.

I lay on my bed. Staring at nothing. It's been a week. A whole week. 

Without her..

She is away. Dani is away. Her jokes that always makes you happy when you're sad.

With her, it was never boring. She was our social butterfly. Everything with her was better. The house is sad and quit. Everyone miss her.

"Lauren? Are you coming to eat?" Lisa stands in my doorway. I shook my head no. I'm not hungry. I don't want to eat. "Lauren, ladybug, can you please come downstairs? We all miss you, you need to eat something. We made pasta, don't you want pasta?" she ask me kindly. Pasta.. My favorite food.

I look at Lisa. There is so much hope in her eyes. How can I take that away from her, from my moose? I nod my head yes. Suddenly Lisa became happy. It's not that weird. I didn't go downstairs that much this week. I almost eat nothing. It's like eating doesn't work anymore. Without her..

Why would I be alive without Dani? 

Why would I try things without her?

It makes no sense without her.

She is gone.

Forever. 

Together with Lisa, I walk downstairs. "Lauren?" Christina says surprised. She didn't think I would come downstairs for food. This week they brought my food upstairs. And then I even didn't eat it. I'm not hungry. I don't feel like eating. I want to cry. Cry, cry, cry. 

"We made your favorite!" Amy said trying to act normal. But she isn't. You can see the sadness in her eyes. Like always she tries to be happy for everyone. Like nothing is wrong. But Dani meant a lot to all of us. How can we act normal in a week? Not. 

How can I act normal in a year? Not. 

Dani meant everything to me. I can't like nothing happened. She is my other half. My soulmate. 

My little sister...

I should've protected her! She saved me. I only left her, alone. What kind of sister am I? The one who let you alone? Who goes away? If I only helped her. If I only didn't wrote my address. Then maybe we never will see each other again. Maybe I died. But I will rather die, than living without her. 

But I can't do that. I've to be here, with my family. For all of them. They need me. They can't lose another member. We can't lose someone else. We're broken. We are a broken family. 

And someone needs to heal us. I don't know who. Maybe someone of us. Maybe someone else. But I can't do it. First I need to help myself. But I don't think I can do that. Not without Dani..

Maybe on the outside, it doesn't look like I'm crying. 

But on the inside, I would be crying.

Forever.