Chapter 26

Krystal P.O.V

"Right one first," I sigh heavily for the nth time as Martha instruct me .

"How are we even supposed to do this! I can't even move my toes yet and we didn't move a meter since we started!" I snapped before realizing how rude my tone was "I'm sorry, but this is too hard."

"Don't worry, I understand how stressing it is. Just don't give up Krysi." With her pat on my back I took a deep breath and she began instructing again.

"Move your toes, slowly."

"Wait wait! Don't let go!"

"I won't, don't worry I'm right here."

I began flexing my toes but pain shot up at me and I voluntarily groaned.

"I have an idea!"

Enlighten me, Ms.Martha.

"Why don't you! Try walking on that treadmill She clapped almost letting go of me as she pointed at the machine across the room.

I calculated the distance from where I'm standing till the treadmill then looked back at Martha, a big frown crumbling my face.

She tsked at my expression and ushered me towards it, not waiting for my reply.

"Slowly!" I requested.

"Slowly slowly." She repeated.
"There!" She helped me take a step onto the machine's rough surface as I felt the friction under my feet.

"Okay so, we will take it easy and slow. Just trust yourself, and trust me too okay?"

I nodded and she clicked a button after clipping something onto my clothes, the machine started moving and I felt panic as my feet refused to move.

"Easy and slow." Martha's soothing pats made me feel better and I tried again.

I need to do this, not only for me but for my family too.

And for you idiot...

I know I may get over him, but that definitely isn't happening soon.

But what if I never get over you?

What if I continue to wake up every day of my foucking life and want you so badly that my bones start to shake so much that they feel like they're going to break?

What if I keep waiting for a call or a text or a sign from God that never comes?

What if you were The One and I wasn't?

I pushed the thoughts away to the back of my mind focusing on my convulsed feet.

As I started taking steady steps catching up with the moving surface under me; Martha held up her hand towards the machine's controlling panel.

"What are you doing?" I asked in horror.

"We need to move on? Next step; higher speed?" I shook my head violently as she said that "don't worry, trust You and I "

In a while I was convinced and she increased the speed and I began my tries to catch up.

One fail, two fails, three.

"I can't do this."

"You can! Don't ever say that again Krysi, now let's try again."

"What if-"

"No, try again now!"

I sighed and did as I was told, the machine came back to life and the weird thing was still attached onto my clothes.