Chapter 5

*Edited*

The five of us wake up the next morning in out suite at the Aria hotel in Vegas, waiting patiently for the FBI to come arrest us so we can get our interrogations done as quickly as possible and be off to our show in New Orleans. 

Merritt was spending his time on the couch reading a box, Henley was upstairs finishing packing her bag, Atlas was sitting at the bar shuffling his deck of cards over and over again, and Jack and I were sitting at the table in the kitchen area of the suite, Jack attempting to teach me how to throw cards and me, failing drastically.

"This is impossible." I laugh after failing to throw yet another card.

"Hey don't say that." Jack says picking the card off the floor, "I can tell you're getting better." He tells me.

"Wow I must have really sucked if that was improvement."

"Well I mean." Jack says sarcastically, laughing at me. "Here, watch me again." He says throwing the card across the room in one swift movement, cutting the curtains with the card. "Oops." Jack chuckles, getting the card out of the ripped curtains.

"Jack, watching you do it constantly isn't going to help me learn how to do it." I tell him, "I need you to actually teach me."

"Ok here, let's try this." Jack says, getting behind me, putting the card in my hand. "It's all in the wrist." Jack whispers in my ear, grabbing my hand and pulling it back, getting ready to throw. "And...let go." He tells me as he swings my hand forward. I let go of the card and it flies across the kitchen, not as good as Jack's throw, but it was definitely improvement. "See look at you!" Jack says, turning my body to face his. "And you said you sucked."

"I wouldn't have gone that far if you weren't holding my hand." I point out, walking away from him to go get the card.

"Why must you ruin the moment, Crowley?" Jack asks me, grabbing my hand and pulling me back to him.

"I didn't know we were having a moment, Wilder."

Jack smirks and snaps another card into his hand. Jack of Hearts. "This is for you."  Jack tells me sticking the card in my back pocket, "So you can practice. Trust me. You need it."

"Oh ha ha." I smile.

"FBI! Hands where I can see them." I hear a man call from the other room.

"Guess it's show time." Jack winks going out of the kitchen to the main area, me right behind him.

"Let's go. Get 'em up. Come on." The man yells again. Jack and I both put our hands up. I look at Atlas who already had his hands up.

"Uno momento." Merritt says, turning the page in his book, making me chuckle.

 "Put the book down." One of the agents yell at him.

"Okay. You got me." Merritt says, laying the book down on his lap and putting his handing in the air.

 "Freeze! Hands in the air!" Another one yells, aiming his gun up the stairs at Henley who was coming down with her bag.

"Oh, my!" She gasps dropping her bag. "Do one of you guys mind giving us a hand with our bags?" She asks smirking at the agents.

 We were each hand cuffed and escorted out of the hotel, tons of people cheering for us and taking our pictures as we walked by. We were all separated and placed in different interrogation rooms, waiting for someone to come talk to each of us so we could leave.

I sit with my hand handcuffed to the table and my feet up waiting, bored out of my mind. Finally, two people come into the room after waiting for what felt like forever.

"Finally." I groan as the man and the woman sit across from me, "Can we get this over with? We have a flight to catch." I say, smirking at the male agent, who looked slightly familiar.

"I'm Interpol Agent Alma Dray," The lady tells me, "And this is FBI agent Dylan Rhodes." She says, motioning to the man who was glaring at me in annoyance.  I smile at them both sarcastically, waiting for someone to say something.

"How'd you steal the money?" The FBI agent finally speaks, continuing to glare. Atlas must have pissed him off.

"Magic." I tell the agents with a honest smile.

"Cut the bullshit" Agent Rhodes says, raising his voice.

"Wow, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed." I say with a laugh, not breaking eye contact with him. When he doesn't do anything but continue to stare at me as if he was going to reach across the table and kill me I turn my attention to Dray, "Is he always like this?" I ask before realizing the Interpol agent wouldn't know, "Oh I guess you wouldn't know, it being your first day and all."

The female agent stares at me blankly, "Pardon?" She asks me.

"I guess five magicians 'stealing' 3.2 million euros got Interpol's attention."

"Oh great another mentalist." Agent Rhodes says, rolling his eyes and sitting back in his chair.

"I learned from the best." I tell the agent. "Look," I say calming my voice, "We are all just 5 street magicians who caught a break and took it."

"You five seem too calm about this." Alma Dray says.

"It's just a magic trick." I explain to her again.

"Interpol doesn't think so."

"Well Interpol is wrong." I snap at the agent, "You have no case against us, we did a magic trick. And you want to know something, Agent, the world loves us, so how do you think they are going to react when they discover the Horseman have been arrested?" The two agents stare at me speechless, "You can't stop us. We have two more acts and there is nothing you can do to stop us. The show must go on."

"You little-" Agent Rhodes yells.

"Hold on, I'm not finished." I say standing and dropping the pair of handcuffs that was once on my wrist onto the table, "We belong to Arthur Tressler, and I predict you'll be getting a call from him any minute now. We were supposed to meet him at his jet about a hour ago. You're going to have to let us go evidentially."

The agents look at each other. Agent Rhodes stand up, anger in his eyes and storm out of the interrogation from, agent Dray right behind him. "Nice talking to you!" I call after the agents as the door shuts. "Well that was fun." I mumble, sitting back in my chair and putting my feet on the table.

No more than 5 minutes later the Horseman were being escorted out of the building. "Ok who pissed off Rhodes, 'cause he was a monster once he got to me." I ask as we walk.

Both Merritt and Atlas raise their hands, making me laugh. "What about you?" I ask, looking at Jack.

"They didn't even bother with me, I just took a nap." Jack tells us as our car pulls up.

The Five Horseman get into their car, laughing about their times with the agents ready for their second act in New Orleans.

~