Flirt~ 2 Game On

"I think we should pull over, Clark," suggested a familiar woman's voice. "The rain is too heavy."

"Nonsense, Harley," a man's voice countered. "We can make it! We're only a few miles away from the house."

I was sitting in the backseat of a large car, secured tightly in a seatbelt. Everything felt larger than it usually was, the back of the passenger seat being higher above my head that normal. Had I shrunk? Unsure of what do make of the sudden environmental change, I began to unbuckle the seatbelt I was confined in, but, for some odd reason, it was too complicated to figure out.

Confused and frustrated, I turned to my right to see a toddler sitting next to me. She smiled knowingly at me and pointed to the window next to her.

"Wayne!" she stated, laughing.

The curly-haired woman called Harley looked over at the girl with a shocked expression. "H-honey! Our baby girl just said her first word!" she squealed.

The girl smirked and glanced at me as if to say, "Yeah, I said my first word. And you didn't."

I tried to open my mouth to say something, but a loud scream filled the car instead, an ear-splitting, scream of utter fear. And it wasn't mine. Suddenly, I felt myself get yanked and thrust forward violently, a loud crunching noise stabbing at my ears as we collided with something—

"Hey, cousin!" Felicia shouted practically in my ear. “Wake up! You shouldn’t sleep so late!”

Without thinking, I immediately retaliated to the loud noise by screaming and sending my fist flying upward, connecting with someone’s nose. Seeing as Felicia was the only other person in the room with me, it was safe it say that it was her nose that came into contact with my wondrous fist.

"Ouch! Fuck, you asshole!" she cried. Yup, it was her nose, alright.

I opened my eyes reluctantly and saw my cousin standing by the door clutching her nose and glaring at me. That was something she and my mother shared—that dark look of pure intimidation. But Mom’s worked better because she didn’t look like a platypus when she glared, unlike Felicia. Her face was priceless!

I choked back a burst of laughter at how funny she looked and got out of bed. "My bad, cousin. I thought you'd remember that I hate being woken up," I reminded her.

And it was true, too. One time my dad woke me up for school and I knocked him out, cold.

It was pretty hysterical, if you ask me, but Mom didn't find it the least but funny. I was grounded for two months straight. No cellphone, no TV, and, worst of all, no seeing my boyfriend. It was a living nightmare. As annoying as Kenny was, he was still one of the sweetest guys I had ever dated. He always knew what to say when I was upset about something to make me feel better. Kenny’s kisses were always so soft and welcoming, making every kiss feel like our first. And the way he held me…

"Hey, loser!” Felicia yelled, startling me. “Are just going to stand there like an idiot, or are you going to come downstairs for breakfast?" She was obviously still frustrated from getting her nose socked, because she still looked like Perry the Platypus’ girlfriend.

I stuck my tongue out at her and threw on a quick t-shirt and pants, running downstairs and into the kitchen. Yet again, I was enchanted by the sweet, tender smell of food—this time being bacon and pancakes. It smelled so delicious!

Mom was hovering over a griddle on the oven making a stack of pancakes. There were probably enough to end world hunger—a.k.a., my hunger. I was the world, except I was not round and wasn’t dying.