Flirt~ 19 Detonate

"Kenny! Kenny, baby, where are you?! I'm getting tired of doing this, you know! Tanning in this hot ass sun isn't my thing!"

Nick and I had been searching the desolate, grassless area for almost an hour with no results on my boyfriend. Where in the shit could he possibly be? The longer it took for us to find him, the more I got worried. He could have been kidnapped and murdered by the cartel! Or worse...

... He could have been twerked on to death by Miley Cyrus. I gasped loudly just by thinking about the horrific tragedy Kendall could have went through.

"Alex, what is it? Are you okay?" Nick asked worriedly, quickly running up to me and placing a hand on my back protectively. It made me feel uncomfortable and weird. And not the good kind, like when I'm eating a plate stack with pancakes at Denny's.

I shrugged him off. "Dude, I'm fine! I just had a really disturbing thought."

"What was it?"

I turned to him with a fearful expression. The seriousness etched on my face let Nick know what I was about to say was truly important. My voice slightly cracked as I said, "Wh... what if he was," I lowered my voice to a soft whisper, "twerked on to death?"

Nick rolled his eyes and chuckled a little. "Alex, you always have been one for over dramatizing things. Can't say I didn't expect something as crazy as that." He licked his dry lips and looked ahead, his smile diminishing immediately. The look in his eyes showed utter surprise and relief.

Following his expression, my eyes stopped on a large, busted up barn. The red hue on the wood was faded and looked like some sort of brownish, orange. Where the shutters were supposed to be there were two dark gaping holes, the edges torn off. All in all, it looked really disgusting and it made me wonder why in the hell Nick was staring at it like it was some sort of sanctuary.

"Nick?" I asked, "are you okay? You're looking at that place like you're thinking about going in it."

A small smile crawled on his face. There was a glimmer of hope shimmering in his eyes. "I am," he replied.

Oh hell to the no! What breed of dumbass was this guy? He had another thing coming if he thought that I was going to go in there with him. Scary places were definitely never my thing. Hell, even my own shadow scared me at times!

I gulped and looked downward. My heart nearly stopped from what I saw. Beneath me was a dark, faceless being, stretching from the soles of my shoes. Fear took over my body and I shuddered, on the verge of screaming bloody murder-

Oh, wait. That was my shadow. See? I'm a little bitch.

Wow, I really do over dramatize things.

"So what do you think, Nick? Do you think he's in there?" I asked, watching Nick as he continued to be awestruck by that beaten down barn. Was it really that intriguing? It was a barn.

"I know he's in there," he replied. "And we're going to go and get him."

Just by looking at the exterior, that barn looked like something from Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Who knew what kind of murderer could have been in there?! Shaking my head, I protested and sat on the ground. "I'm not going in that place, and you aren't going to make me!"

"Alright," Nick said, a small smirk on his face. "You know, the sun is starting to set. It's not the best idea to just sit out here."

In response, I just crossed my arms and huffed. No way was he going to convince me to go inside that place. There was a high change I could get murdered and then what? I'd never find my Kenny Bear.