Life With You (Part 2)

How'd you like the Star Wars quote at the end there? I enjoyed it. I hope you guys continue to like the story as it unfolds.

Sincerely,

Shado on'nanoko.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Several voices blended together as one to make a loud mumble that I couldn't understand. There was laughing, yelling and mindless chatter everywhere and it seemed as though everyone had something to do. Levi and I had arrived at HQ just a little while ago and found a wonderful place to hide. We crouched between two wooden shacks(stables apparently) and behind a mound of hay, much to Levi's dislike. My eyes were wide as I observed the daily routines of the soldiers in the survey corps.

Horses were lead here and there and people roamed from place to place, doing small jobs assigned to them. Once asked, Levi began naming a few people that passed. Only a few though because he apparently doesn't feel like getting to know people who're just going to die in the end. When I heard that I just stared at him while I pointed at myself.

He huffed and refused to acknowledge his stupidity(hehe).

A shout came from farther in the stone walls and suddenly people were dropping what they were doing and filing inside. I nudged Levi and asked what was happening. He looked at me and said, "It's lunch time, you dolt. This is how I'm getting you in without others seeing."

"Ah...smart."

"Yeah~. Now shut up and follow me."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Levi somehow managed to make his steps silent on the stone floors even with those heels on his boots while I, with the terribly worn down shoes Levi had given me which really shouldn't have made any noise at all, seemed to make as much noise as possible.

"Could you be any louder? I don't think the titans have heard you yet." Levi huffed as the noise finally got to him. I glared at him as I stumbled over yet another stone in the floor and let a very sarcastic grin spread across my face. "I could if that's what you really want." I practically purred. "You know that I would do anything for you, Leeeevi~."

Levi didn't even look at me as he lightly backhanded me. Although I say lightly, Levi doesn't seem to understand the meaning of lightly hitting someone.

...I'm so glad I'm more durable than a human. I might not have made it this far otherwise.

As we passed windows and doors, Levi would run a finger over anything that caught his eye and, depending on what he saw on his finger, he would either continue towards our destination or grimace and whip out cleaning supplies from...from...somewhere and proceed to scrub the offensive spot to death. I would observe these spots in sympathy, knowing the pain that they must be feeling.

Every day was bath day. *shiver*

Many, many doors later Levi finally stops. The door we're in front of looks identical to the many other doors we just passed.

"We're lost aren't w-ack!"

Clutching my wounded arm, I slunk into the room with Levi, finally relaxing when he closed the door again. "Where are we?" I asked. We were in a smallish room, made even more cramped with the wooden posts attached to each other(beds? Is that what they are?) lined against the wall and even on top of each other. Levi stalked to the back where he then sat on a lower bed in the corner closest to the window.

"So this is your bed." I stated more than asked. Levi nodded.

I saw the way the wood shone and guessed.