Chapter 31

James pov

I can't do this anymore.
"Hi James. Can, can we talk?" She sounds anxious.
"Michelle knows not a good time"
"I have to say this. Please just listen" she pleads. I look at Alfie with a reassuring look. He just nods. I don't care if he here's this.
"James can we meet up? I want to say it in person"
"Umm sure. I guess I'll meet you at the park?" I question.
"Sounds good. I'll see you soon"
I hang up the phone and look at Alfie. He looks heart broken. I can't do this to him. He really likes Michelle and I won't let Michelle loose him.
"I'll catch you later" I say to him. He nods.
On my walk to the park I think about what to say. I know I'm gonna ruin any chance I would've had with her but I knows it's for the best.
"James hi" she says going in for a hug. Instead I shrug it off. She looks offended.
"What did you want to talk about?" I ask in a monotone.
"Oh um well umm. I have to be honest here, James my feelings for you are undeniable. Your everything I think about. I miss us. I miss everything we've been through. James I miss you and I can't imagine my life without you"
She's saying everything I've been wanting to hear but I already know what I'm going to do.
"It'll never work" I say so she can barely hear.
"What?" Her voice cracks.
"I'm with Ella and Alfie has fallen head over heals for you. We were in the past Michelle. You have to move forward. I mean you moved on from Eldon so I'm sure you can move on from me"
"What- what are you saying?" She takes a step back. I can see her slowly breaking but this, this is going to destroy her.
"I think, no, I know I've fallen in love with Ella. We make each other happy. I know you will find someone that can make you just as happy but I'm not that person. Michelle, I've moved on and it's time you should too. It's been over a year Michelle. We are history" as much as it pains me to say this. I know it's the right thing. Once she realises that I'm moved on, she can too.
"I can't believe this is happening right now. Im practically begging to make us work again. Your the only one that makes me happy!" She starts raising her voice.
"Michelle, you have I find a new Prince Charming because I can't be the one to make you happy"
"I can't believe this" she whispers.
"Well you should because it's time to let go of the past"
"Can we, can we at least stay friends?" She whimpers.
"Your making this harder then what it has to be. Take a hint Michelle. I don't want you anymore. I have moved on and it's about time you do the same!" I say harshly. I have to get the message across some how and this seems like the only way.
"You know what? Fine. I should've known this was a waste of time. I genuinely wanted you back. I genuinely miss and love you but what's the point anymore. Thanks for nothing" 
"Anytime" I say smugly. She just shakes her head and walks off.
As much as this is killing me inside, I know I've done the right thing.
She deserves better and I can't give her what she wants.
I know deep down I'll always love her but I'll never be enough.