|11| No One Left to Love Me

I turn around because I can't stand to see him like this but when I open my eyes I'm not in the hospital anymore.

I'm on the street that leads to home.

No. No. I know exactly where this leads.

There I am, 7 year old me, following behind my father carrying the last of our belongings to our new apartment. It's late at night and the streets are empty.

"Appa are we almost home yet?"

"Yes Jin Sung just a few more streets and-"

He accidentally bumps into a strange man that gives me an uneasy feeling.

"I'm very sorry sir-"

The next thing I know he's being held against the wall with a knife to his neck.

"What's in the bag?"

My father struggles to breathe.

"Appa!"

I run to the man and try my best to kick him but I'm too weak. He pushes me causing me to hit my head against the brick wall.

"Don't hurt my son!"

The man turns around and stabs my father in the chest. Beating him to death right before my eyes.

...

My eyes shoot open and I sit up in my bed causing my machine to go off. I'm drenched in sweat and I can't stop shaking.

"Jin Sung! Jin Sung are you ok?"

I look up and see Sung Joo running over to me. Without thinking I throw my arms around him for a hug.

"Appa."

And just like that I'm now considered mentally insane. Just because I couldn't handle my father being murdered before my eyes.

I have no one left to love me.