Chapter II

He parked his black BMW in front of an old mansion. The creepers had covered almost everything. He doubted if anyone lived there. Anyway, he opened the gate, it creaked with age. He checked his pocket for his gun. Thankfully it was there. He walked on.

He rang the bell. It echoed all over. There was no movement inside. He rang the bell four or five times but no one opened. He was about to leave when he heard something inside. The door creaked open. A girl of six opened the door. ‘ I’m Detective Cameron Grace. I wanna meet Jonathan Woods’, he asked, ‘is he there?’.

‘Yes’, she said, in a  small voice, before she could say anything. ‘Stacy? Who is it?’.

A man, about twenty-eight years old appeared, ‘Yes?’.

‘Detective Grace’, Cameron showed his badge, ‘it’s about the stolen money’.

‘After five years?’, he asked, ‘you think I’ll have that in my mind!’.

‘Sir, we could catch him’.

‘Who? The Living Ghost? Please. No one can’.

‘I can’.

‘Fine! Come in!’.

The inside was way much better. Grace sat on the couch. ‘What would you like?’, the man asked. ‘Just water’.

‘Okay. What are your questions?’.

‘Sir, the list you made for the party you threw, do you still have it?’, Grace asked.

‘Well, yes I have. I’ll get it’, Woods got up and went away.

‘Are you a real detective?’ Stacy asked. Grace smiled, ‘Yeah, I am’. ‘Is it fun?’.

‘Sometimes yes’, he replied.

‘I have it’, Wood came in. It was an old paper. Cameron  took the paper.  He glanced at the list, ‘Mind if I have it?’.

‘If you can solve it’.

‘Sir, I’ve solved many cases easily. This will be my jackpot’, he gave a smile.

‘Is that all you’ve come for?’.

‘What else do you want me to take?’.

‘I mean….you didn’t ask the bag’.

‘It’s here?’, he asked.

‘Sure it is. He left it behind. Maybe because it could be easily recognized’, Woods said.

Grace thought for a while, ‘No sir. It wouldn’t give me any information’.

‘Okay’.

Cameron walked out. He took a deep breath, it was suffocating inside. He headed to the office. He was going to talk to every one in that list..

*****************

Davis was in the garage repairing the engine of his sedan. ‘Davis!’, he heard his mom. ‘What!’, he yelled. ‘Detective Cameron Grace is here'.

Do I know this Grace?

Anyways, he wiped his hands with a cloth kept on the shelf and opened the door. A guy, muscular, twenty years,  brown hair and emerald eyes. ‘Detective Grace’, he held out his hand.

 Davis smiled as he shook it, ‘How can I help you?’.

‘You were invited in Wood’s party five years ago… the night when the theft happened..’

‘Oh…. You’re talking about the living ghost, right?’.

‘Yeah. Your family was there…..’.