Chapter VIII

Four days later

Cameron’s POV

I received the news that Lieutenant Dan Summit was recovering fast and was at home. I rushed to his home.

*********************

‘Cameron?’, he opened the door, ‘what’s wrong?’.

‘Nothing. Are you good?’, I asked. ‘Come inside’.

I stepped in. His home was huge. ‘What would you like?’, he asked. ‘Just water’, I replied.

I sat on the couch. he handed me a glass of water. I gulped it.

‘So… wassup?’, he asked.

‘I need a favor’, I said. ‘I knew it!’, he smiled, ‘what’s it this time?’.

‘I want a home near the Javelins’, I said. ‘Okay. That’s an odd location’, he said, ‘why only near the Javelins?’, he smiled. I knew what he was thinking, ‘It’s not what you’re thinking’.

‘Then what is it?’, he asked.

‘I think I could get a clue’, I replied.  ‘So pure business?’, his smile faded, ‘I was wondering when will you grow up. I mean you don’t have a girlfriend……..’.

‘I don’t know, man’, I stopped him.

Dan was a married man. He was a father of a two month old baby boy. ‘Dan sweetheart….’, his wife, Gemma walked in the living room. She was nice, ‘oh! Didn’t know you were here’ she sat next to him. She was journalist in the CNN.

‘Nah! Just hopped in to see Dan’, I smiled.

Dan coughed. ‘And ask him a favor’, I added.

‘He wants a house near the Javelins, Gem’,  he turned to her. ‘Oh! Something special?’, she asked.

Why do people always take it in that sense!

‘No.. nothing like that’, I said. ‘No problem’, she smiled, ‘gotta go! I’ll see if I could get it’, she walked away.

********************

Aurum’s POV

The door bell echoed all over the house. i didn’t move from my bed. I was too lazy.

‘Hey Aurum!’,I heard Davis knock on my door. ‘What the hell?’, I asked.

‘Austin is here to see you’, he said.

Bloody hell! What ‘s he doing here!

‘I’m coming’, I glanced at the mirror and straightened my hair not sure why I was doing it. I rushed to the living room. Austin was sitting on the couch. He was dressed in a suit. I was surprised to see him there with those clothes on. But to tell you the truth, he looked amazing!

‘Hey!’, he smiled. ‘What are you doing in those clothes?’, I asked. ‘I’m moving’, he said.

‘That’s good. I think you should really date Lisa’, I was happy to find that he was moving on. ‘No’, he said, ‘I mean I’m moving…. to Miami’. It took me some time to register what he had said, ‘You’re moving?’, I was shocked.

‘Yeah….’, his voice faded, ‘to Miami’.

I thought about Lisa. How I wish I’d never introduced him to her! but they were the cutest couple I ever knew.

I nodded, mutely, ‘What’s with the suit, then?’.

‘This?’, he motioned to the suit, ‘my mum told me to wear it. I’m asking Lisa out for the last time’, he shook his head.