Chapter XIV

Aurum's POV

The crack was mended. We managed and the bullet, I had no option but to throw it. 

Then Davis' phone rang, '..........When she was mine, Everything was easy,Everything was simple, Never felt so good, When she was mine, I wanted to remember, Never missed a second, Now I wish I could forget, Forget when she was mine, mine.........'

Again, the same ringtone. I told him a million times to change it but he just won't listen. 'Davis!', I yelled, 'Davis! You're call!'.

He didn't come. 

I placed his phone my ear, 'Hello?'.

'Hello, Aurum Javelin, I suppose', a thick male voice was heard. 

'Yes', I somehow hesitated to say. 

'That's my call?', Davis cut in. I nodded and put it on speaker mode.

'I need to remind you of the artefact you had to steal a few a weeks ago', the man said.

Davis' looked at me in alarm, 'Sorry. We're kind a.....'

'Just forget about that. I've got a new job for you', he said, 'I need you to kill Cameron Grace'.

'Hey!', I almost yelled, 'you promised you wouldn't make us kill!'.

'Then, should I kill everyone you know?'.

I couldn't say anything. I didn't want to kill anyone or anyone to die. But I was helpless.

'Can you do that?', he asked.

I glanced at Davis, he shook his head, thinking. After sometime he nodded. I was shattered.

'Y...yes', tears came out of my eyes.

'That's good', the man said, 'now, look at your shelf'.

We turned to it. I was surprised. How could this guy do it?!  Davis walked towards it. He held it in his hands. It was a revolver. He really exprected us to kill.

'And under the revolver there is the place where  you have to kill him', he cut off.

'Are we gonna do it?', I asked Davis.

'We have to, Aurum. We've got no choice', he replied, trying hard to keep his voice stable.

'But.....', I didn't have anything to say. What could I say? Kill Cameron? I'd die  after that. I couldn't watch him die. I just couldn't.

Tears rolled down cheeks.

'Aurum, I'm sorry', he said, hugging me.

'Just stay strong. We'll find a way', he assured. 

'When? When will we find a way out of this mess?', I asked.

'Soon. Very soon'.

_______________________________

Cameron's POV

I couldn't help checking for my revolver. My hand automaticly went back to my pocket and I couldn't help it. Yesterday, some people tried to kill me and I could have been killed. But, thankfully I was alive and I wanted to stay alive. 

I had to start working on the case. I knew Aurum was the Ghost, I was sure, but I didn't want her locked up and bring misery. Somehow, the very thought of it made me sad. 

I sat on the couch watching the news. Seriously, there was nothing interesting. 

My mind wandered to the time when I was Vincent. 

All girls behind me. Name and fame was just natural. And my friend, Ray. I hadn't heard from him for a long time. I didn't even know if he was alive. He hadn't bothered to call me after a fight. 

That guy was really talented.  He was racer and a hacker. He had no problem in hacking any computer or any phone. And his racing talents were amazing. I could heardly beat him.

In school, we're the guys girls always wanted to be with. He was player. He'd dated more girls than me. 

Then a noise caught my attention. I gripped my revolver and hid behind the couch. 

'He's not here', A big guy hissed. 

'He should be here', anothere guy said, 'chief said he'd be here'.

Chief? it hit my head. 

'He's a freakin' liar!', guy one hissed.

'But the TV's on', guy two pointed. Pause.

'He's here. Find him!', guy one yelled.

I was so dead. My stupidity is gonna cost me my life. Go me (that's sarcasm) !

I crawled to the other side of the couch, trying to keep myself away from their sight. I shot a vase on the table and quickly went back to the other side. 

'Stop fooling around, J!', guy one yelled. 

'It wasn't me!', guy two protested.

'I know you, J'.

'It wasn't me!'.

Taking advantage of their fight and their being far from me. I raced to the door. 

'Hey! He's there!', guy two yelled. I locked the door from outside. I raced far away. 

But, I just wasn't lucky. My house was surrounded by them. And by them I mean the 'Bad guys'.

Oh gosh! 

I couldn't decide what to do. 

'Surrender, Detective Cameron Grace', one guy stepped forward, 'you've got no place to run'.

'I'd rather die' I yelled. 

'We're gonna kill you, anyways. So, please, surrender'.

And the next thing was, all the guns were pointing at me. I glanced around. I cannot survive this. I summoned my guts and opened my mouth to say something but he stopped me, 'Just one word, Cameron, and you'll be dead in no time'. 

His confidence pulled my confidence down. I looked down at my hands, I'd left my revolver inside. My stupidity had not limits.

Then, I heard the sound of bullets spraying, I ducked. I was dead. But I found out I wasn't it was the door being sprayed by the two guys I locked inside. 

Everyone was distracted, so I took the advantage and dashed for the black sedan which belonged to them. 

'GET HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' . 

Stupid people, they keep the keys in the car. This was it. I was gonna live my life and I couldn't be happier. 

The other sedans started following me. 

'Not so fast', I heard a voice, at the backseat. I turned. There was another bad guy and he injected me with some kind of liquid. 

And instantly, I felt dizzy. He took control of the stearing and then said something. 

Then, I blacked out.

_____________________________________

A/N: Kidnapped!!!!!! 

Whoop!!! whoop!! What do you think?

VOTE

COMMENT

---soumya/thecrazychap--