Chapter VI

Aurum’s POV

It was dark and I was lost. I didn’t know which way was my home. i dropped her home but I couldn’t find my way back. I was helpless. I put my hand in my pocket for my phone but it wasn’t there.  I realized I left it at home!

 I glanced around for someone. Then I heard honk. I couldn’t be happier. There was a red sedan driving my way.

‘Hey!’, I yelled. But it drove ahead, ignoring me. I put my hands on my hip. But after driving a distance, it stopped. I ran towards it. I knocked on the window. The window slid open. To my surprise , it was Detective Cameron Grace. ‘What are you doing here at this time?’, he raised a brow.

‘I’m lost. Can you ride me home?’, I asked, ignoring his question. ‘Hop in’. ‘Thanks!’, I sat in.

We drove silently.

You’re too quiet for a guy of your age, I thought.

‘What!’, he stopped the car. ‘What ‘what’?’, I asked. ‘I’m too quiet?’, he raised a brow.

You look cute when you do that.

‘What!’, he almost yelled. ‘What the hell?’, I asked. ‘Cute? Me?’, he pointed to himself.

I felt my face hot. This guy reads minds!

‘Do you read minds?’, I asked. ‘You’re saying it aloud’, he started driving. I pursed my lips, ‘Sorry’. ‘It’s okay. Girls tell me that all the time’.

‘You must be really famous in high school’, I said. ‘Yeah. I was’, he said.

‘How come you’re a cop?’, I asked. ‘I’m a Detective’, he said, ‘and I don’t think we’re close enough to tell you that’. That shut me up. That was rude but I didn’t say anything.

Cameron’s POV

It reminded me of the time when my family was taken away from me one by one. My sister was murdered when I was thirteen, after five years my dad died in a car accident and soon after a year it was my mum. It had all started with an e-mail. I didn’t know who sent it. it warned me that if I don’t do what he says he’d kill my family. But I thought it was just a prank and just let it.

After my sister’s death I received another e-mail, saying that soon all of them will die and he wouldn’t stop it even if I agree to do his work. I helplessly watched them die. No one believe me. No cop. Not even the ones who I called my friends.

Aurum’s POV

He stopped outside my home, ‘I think you can walk on your own now’.

‘Of course I can’, it took me by surprise, ‘what the hell do you think of me?!’, I almost yelled.

‘That you’re a spoilt teen’, he stared at the road. ‘Excuse me!’, I yelled, ‘I’m not a ‘spoilt’ teen, Mister Cameron Grace!’.

‘I don’t need that much respect  from you, Miss Javelin’, he smiled.

‘You’re a freak’, I got off the car and slammed the door shut. ‘You’re welcome’, he yelled. I turned to him, ‘You better move’.

‘Oh… I guess I should’, he said, but didn’t start the car. I cleared my throat, ‘Can you please move?’. ‘ I can’t start the car, Miss Javelin’, he smiled as he tried to turn the key. ‘What!’, I almost yelled. ‘No need to scream. I was just playing’, he started the car, ‘and…. Don’t call me Mister Cameron Grace. It’s kind a formal’.

‘I think I’ll call you Mister Cameron Grace’.

‘What ever you want’, he sighed as he drove away.

He was too cool for a guy for of his age. I smiled as I watched his sedan disappear into the darkness.

Davis stood at the door watching me, ‘You’re a flirt’, he said, annoyed. ‘What?’, it took me by surprise to see him there.

‘Where the hell were you!’, he yelled, ‘you know how worried I was! What if mum and dad….’. ‘Davis, I’m fine’, I raised my hand, ‘I’m hungry. Is there something to eat?’, I asked. ‘Get in’, he moved away from the door.

*******************************

‘What are you guys doing here?’, I was surprised to see my gang (including Billy) in my house.  ‘Where were you?’, Hazel hugged me. ‘I’m fine. Seriously, I’m not a baby’, I laughed. Rachel asked, ‘What happened? What are you hiding?’.

I wondered if she could read minds, ‘No. nothing’, I replied.

‘Aurum there’s nothing to hide’, she said. ‘What’s it, Aurum?’, Davis asked, I thought I heard a little concern in his voice.

‘Austin likes me’, I replied.

‘That puny guy!’ he almost yelled. I nodded. He laughed, ‘This is classic!’.

The others were clueless. ‘Austin was her childhood friend’, he said, still laughing. ‘Is’, I corrected.

‘But now he’s your boyfriend!’.

‘NO! he isn’t!’, I yelled, ‘I said ‘no’!’.

‘Do you have guts?’, he asked, ‘’cause I never knew’.

‘You’re a useless guy!’, I couldn’t help screaming. ‘And there’s one more!’, he said, he glanced at me, ‘Detective Cameron Grace’.

‘Shut you damn mouth!’, I yelled.  ‘Now don’t lie. We saw you’, Billy smiled. I glared at him. I threw myself on the couch , ‘I give up. Talk nonsense. I’m not in’.

‘Aurum, we’re just teasing you. Don’t take it seriously’, Hazel kept her hand on my  shoulder.

***********************

A/N: I hope this chapter was interesting. Well, no prob… keep voting,  commenting and reading…….

Just to tell you, this is where the fun starts. I’m excited. I think u guys r too. To your left is Victoria Justice who is playing Aurum Javelin in my book.