Chapter X

Evan’s POV

I drove to the grocery shop in my red sedan. Damn! It was Saturday and I think I must be the only guy who would wake up at seven  just because mom wanted some things. I yawned.

I parked my sedan and headed to the shop.

As soon as I stepped at the door, I heard someone fall. 

I turned. It was an old man, maybe sixty? But it was critical. From his head blood poured out. He’d been shot!

I checked for his pulse. There was none. He was dead. I glanced for the culprit. My eyes fell on a building’s veranda. There was the guy. Black mask. Black clothing. I guess he saw me that’s why he fled. I wanted to run after him but I guessed I would never be able to reach him. Instead I called the cops.

******************************

Aurum’s POV.

I had just received a call from Evan. And what was the news? He had just escaped being shot!! But the guy was shocked that he couldn’t talk properly on the phone. He stammered a lot. I rushed to his home where he was being questioned by the cops about the incident.

That poor poor guy.

Evan was shivering. He could barely speak. He glanced at me and Davis. We were sitting on his couch at his home. Damn!

The cops went away after sometime.

Rachel, Hazel, Jack and Billy also arrived.

‘He tried to shoot me’, the words barely came out Evan’s mouth. ‘Evan’, Rachel kept her hand on his shoulder, ‘just chill’.

Davis sighed, ‘He’s the one who tried to shoot Aurum. You both are lucky’.

*******************

Cameron’s POV

‘Cameron, I thought you were the best detective in this town!’, Chief Irvin yelled.

‘Chief, I need more time.’

‘How many times are you gonna tell me that!’, he bellowed.

Like I ever said that.

‘I got a few leads!’, I yelled before he could dismiss me from the case.

He turned to me, ‘What is it?’, he arched his brows.

My throat felt dry. I couldn’t say Aurum’s name just like that, ‘He’s is a she’.

He frowned.

‘She’s a girl!!’, I yelled. This man made me lose my patience.

He noticed it, ‘You better speak properly to me. I could suspend you from the case’.

Then why don’t you!

I didn’t say a word.

‘You should probably go and get this case solved within this month’.

‘Sure’, I murmured and stromed out of the room. That guy wasn’t worth being a chief!

 *************

A/N: I'm so sorry about the short chapters!! 

to tell you the truth i can't find time to write!!!! 

i'm frustrated with studies!!!!! My mum is not allowing me to type anything... this is all i could manage for today...........................

By the way, the guy to your left is Evan!!!! AWWWW....... he's so cute..... don't ya think?

DOn't forget to vote, comment, and FOLLOW!!!!

---thecrazychap/soumya-----