Kiss of Death

• Dedicated to The next person who reviews! B/c I know ur awesome ;)

ShellyCullen: Aren't I nice? I've given you another chapter to read about! And this one is definitely more dramatic! :D So if you have not read the last chapter, Charlie's Angels, don't read this one!!!

Chapter Fifteen

Kiss of Death

Sage pounced on our table at lunch after our scandalous adventure. I sat on Anthony's folder for two reasons. One, I had a horrible memory and didn't want to accidentally leave it hanging around, and two I'd know where it was at all times. It made perfect sense.

However, since the folder was so thick it was blindingly obvious I was sitting on it. Sage quirked an eyebrow as she gestured to my seat.

"Do you make it a habit to check out peoples butts?" I asked and Tami stifled a laugh. After our adventure she'd surprisingly became less strict, allowing for mock and sarcasm to invade our usually holy conversations.

"Not as much as you check out my bod," she cooed, striking a pose. "Don't think I don't catch you staring at my goodies."

"Yeah, I might end up stealing your outfit," I stated, smiling.

"So you want me naked as well! Who knew you were such a perv!"

We all laughed at how ridiculous we sounded at the moment. Tami even managed to let out a loud snort.

"So, is their purpose to your company?" I asked as Sage took a seat at our table.

"When is there not?" She grinned. "But first, what juicy secrets have you found out about Anthony?"

An uncomfortable silence settled around us. Tami looked at me with steady eyes, but I ignored the look.

"I haven't looked at it yet," I answered simply, bringing the spoon of yogurt to my lips.

"Oh," Sage said slowly. She seemed to pick up on the tension. "Well, anyway, you better be thanking Timothy. He totally saved your asses back there."

"I already have," Tami stated, though I wasn't sure when she'd left my side to thank the boy.

"Oh yeah, I was wondering who he was. And how did he know about the key?" I eyed her.

She sighed dramatically. "Yeah, so I told him a little of the story, but he was willing to help and I'm glad I did. There's only so much of my crap even a woman like Ms. Farrell will put up with." She glanced over my shoulder and smiled. "And he's right beside the counter, by the way."

I turned, surprised when I saw the chocolate skinned boy with the square like hair cut and braces. He had a new book in his hand that had something similar to a space ship on the cover.

"Oh," was all I said.

Sage nodded. "I know, right? You'd never expect him to help us out, but I ran into him and told him everything and he went along perfectly. He's an even better liar than me." She smiled with pride. "And he likes sci-fi books. Total plus!"

"I wish you and your boyfriend luck in the future," I snickered.

"Right back at cha, Mrs. Moretti."

My eyes hardened at his name, but I managed to keep things light.

"Touché."

~\**/~

"Kayla!"

I cursed as Ms. Farrell waved as me down the hall, gesturing for me to enter her office.

"Busted," Sage stated.

"I'm sure its nothing," Tami reassured. They walked back to their patient's room as I made up a story in my head that I could use when Ms. Farrell questioned me. Why was I in the hall of records? Had I stolen her keys?