Jealous Much?

Dedication to PainNeverFades. Thanks so much for telling me about the song :D

Chapter Twenty Three

Jealous Much?

My entire plan was written out perfectly in my head. I was surprised I hadn't thought of it before. The obvious solution was to treat Anthony the way I was supposed to; as a patient. We needed rules and boundaries and I intended to enforce them. The confident smile slipped off my face when I opened the beige hospital door.

Anthony, shirtless, receiving a physical. Was it even possible to have a six pack when you spent your days lying around a creepy, old hospital? I tried my best not to stare, or drool for that matter, but it was clear I failed when Anthony smirked.

"Could you please step outside, miss?" The man in scrubs inspecting Anthony's torso asked. I nodded and quickly closed the door behind me. This was going to be a long summer. I could already feel the clock ticking backwards.

After a long check up, the man finally left with a completely expressionless face. Anthony was putting his dark tee on and as he did I got a good look at a tiny scar along his back.

"Like what you see?" he teased. I realized I was staring again and flushed.

"Maybe if I knew what I was actually looking at," I hissed back harshly.

"Is that supposed to hurt?" He smirked and walked toward me.

My eyes widened. "What are you doing?" I put my hands out in front of me, as if that could have protected me from the boy's hotness.

Anthony raised an eyebrow. "I was going to give you a hug."

"Why?" I asked and then shook my head. "Never mind. Just go to sleep or something." I pulled out my cell phone and texted Sage for the millionth time.

Desperate. Really need you to return to the real world now.

Hands came around my waist and I screamed.

"What the hell?" I demanded to the clingy Anthony, trying unsuccessfully to break from his embrace. That six pack definitely wasn't just for show.

"I told you I was going to give you a hug." He laughed. The arms around me tightened. He actually smelled really good right now. His body wash lingered, making me take a deep breath.

"Isn't this the time you usually do your disappearing act?" I demanded, ignoring the weird butterflies in my stomach. Ugh, this was going to be much harder than I thought.

Anthony backed up enough so I could see his face. "You haven't forgotten what I told you, right?" His lips came to my temple. "I'll change your mind."

There was one moment I didn't move, didn't breathe, and then I was clawing my way out. Eventually he sighed and released me, after I was hyperventilating from the effort.

"Look, we need to clear some thing's up." I pointed a finger at him. "This "changing your mind" mess has got to stop."

"You're not afraid, are you?"

"Afraid of what? Your lame pickup lines?"

"Of liking me."

I rolled my eyes. "We've been over this already, Anthony."

"Then if you really feel nothing for me, kiss me."

"W-what?"

"If you love Todd it won't mean anything, like you've said."