Chapter 20 | An Arranged Love Marriage....

Author's POV

One day passed, but Diya wasn't able to remove the memory of what Arjun tried to do with her. She didn't feel safe with anyone now. She would just sit in a corner and stare at nothingness.

It was Monday and Diya packed her purse and laptop bag ready for work. Though she really didn't feel like going to work, she just wanted to be with Dev.

With her two bags she walked down stairs to see her family chaotically drowned in wedding preparations.

"Challe (Shall we go now)?" Aryan said placing his hand on her shoulder. She faintly smiled and walked outside to Pari who was waiting in the backseat of the car for her.

They zoomed off as Diya stared blankly outside the window. "Diya...we both are getting married in less than a week!!! I'm soooooo excited!!!" she shouted wrapping her hands around Diya.

"Me too" Diya said hugging back.

They both walked strait to their future husbands' rooms.

"Tum aagai kya Diya (are you here Diya)?" Dev asked even before Diya stepped into the cabin.   

She nodded and walked up to her desk.

"Yes Dev....I'm here!! How are you feeling now?"  Diya asked softly pulling out her laptop. "I'm better I guess...How are you Diya?" Dev replied. "Good," She said getting lost into her thoughts again.

Dev observed her for a little while. He noticed the fact the she wasn't working, rather she was just staring at the screen. He noticed the fact that she was far quieter than normal. He felt as though Diya had been holding in her tears and needed to cry. Dev stood up and walked towards her. He kneeled down before her and held her hand.

"Diya...I know you haven't gotten over the whole Arjun thing....but you have to be strong!!!" Dev said softly. Diya's tears began to flow out of her expressionless eyes.

"Kya hua Diya??? Tum aise kyu kar rahi ho (What happened Diya....What's bugging you)" Dev asked cupping her face towards his making their eyes meet. 

This turned Diya into cry out loud mode!!! She cried like a two year old into Dev's arm.....and Dev wrapped his arm around her for support.

"De-Deev...I-I-I'm...R-R-Really...S-S-Scared" She stammered. "Shhh....There's nothing to be scared about!!! I'm here with you!!" He promised.

She cried until there was nothing inside her. Though Dev's shoulder began to hurt a little, he stayed put until she had nothing else to cry about.

When Diya was done, she backed away a little and wiped away her tears. after a few heavy breath and a sip of water she was completely drained. Despite this it was as if someone had lifted weight off her chest.

She looked up at Dev's face (who was reading her face through all this) and gave him a genuine smile. then all of a sudden she started giggling when she saw Dev's shirt drenched in he tears. Both of them started laughing at this.

"Thanks for that Dev...I really needed to cry it all out!!!" She said. "I realised that when I saw your face...you always do this when you're upset!!!" She nodded her head to this with her endless sunshine smile.

Then they just locked their eyes together. Dev reached up to her clip and opened it making Diya's silky hair flow. their eye contact was never broken between all this......well until Sid and Pari came in without knocking.

They snapped them out of their little moment with nudges.

"Come on guys....at least try to wait until your marriage," Sid laughed. "Yes Jiju (Brother-in-law ) it's only a week!!!" Pari giggled.

Diya and Dev quickly let go of their hands. Diya's cheeks went red.

"Any ways...we are here to ask you guys something!!" Sid managed to stop laughing.

"Go on....besides...you won't stop if I tell you to!!" Dev said.

"Good point....anyways....what I was about to say was that Pari and I are in charge of booking for the Honeymoon....and we have selected a private cruise!!!"

Dev and Diya look at each other.  "Oh Diya....Just imagine...just the four of us and some staff on an cruise to ourselves!!!" Pari squeals pulling Diya and making her stand up.

"Wow...I'm surprised that someone like Sid could come up with such a great idea!!" Dev smiled.

"Pari....tumhara jadoo chal gaya (Pari...Your magic is working)" He added. Sid groaned.

"What do you Say Diya?" Dev asked. "Okay" Diya said with a smile.

"Okay then....so I'm going to book the tickets for this," Sid said and dragged Pari outside.

They both sighed and went back to work.

*At home that evening*

Diya is texting her friend Anjali.

*The Texts*

Anjali: Wait....so your getting married???? I thought you were never going to get married!!!

Diya: Dev is perfect.....besides Bhai thinks that it would be best If Dev stayed around me!!

Anjali: Wait.....so your having an arranged marriage??

Diya: Well not really....We have loved each other since ever....besides Dev was going to propose me anyways!!

Anjali: So you're having an arranged Love marriage??

Diya: That's one way to put it!!

*End of conversation*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So....how was it??? Okay....the next few chapters will be the actual wedding so be prepared!!!

Everything is going all sweet and beautiful between Dev and Diya.....Do you think that this will continue??? What about Arjun....Do you think that he will do anything to stop the wedding?? Will Diya's father come out in front of Diya???

Please let me know your views in the comments and VOTE!!!

Read the next chappy to find out!!

❤❤Dillwali Out❤❤