Chapter 21 | The Letter...

*Two Days Later*

Author's POV

That evening everyone had decided that all the Pre-wedding ceremonies will take place at the Khanna house for both the Brides and the ceremonies for the Grooms will take place at the Dixit house.

Two days had passed and everyone one at the Khanna house was preparing for Diya's and Pari's Haldi ceremony and Henna ceremony. The whole Khanna House was decorated with white and yellow flowers. Yellow and orange sheets hung from the walls and ceilings. Relatives flowed in and out of the rooms creating extreme excitement. Diya's father organised heavy security for this event but also made sure that everyone was in civils and didn't stand out.

Diya was in her room with Pari getting ready for the Haldi ceremony. Both the brides wore yellow designer lehengas and jewellery made from Jasmine flowers and Marigolds.

"Eeekk....Diya I'm Soooo Excited!!! The wedding ceremonies have actually begun!!! Only about three more days until Siddhant and I will be untied," Pari spoke Dreamily. "Yea...So am I...But...I don't know why...I'm feeling incredibly anxious!!!" Diya Said.

"Don't worry....everything will be fine!!!" Pari said!!! "Oh and today....Dev and Siddhant will be coming to the mehndi and lady sangeet ceremonies!!"

"Wait....Why?? Usually the grooms don't come to these ceremonies!!!" I questioned.

"Yea, but in Dev's family, the grooms Family attends the Lady Sangeet and Henna Ceremony and does stuff!!!" She explained.

Just then Pari 's mother and Diya's mother came inside the room to take the brides downstairs into the hall.

"Haye....Kitni Sundar Lagrahi hai meri bachiya (Aww Both the girls look so beautiful!!)," Pari's mother said giving them hugs.

"challo....aabh neeche chalet hai (Lets go down now)," Diya's mother said guiding them to the stairs.

"Aare Aare Dekho....Dono Dhulene aagayi (Oh Look the brides are here)" the young girls announced.

The music started booming and ladies started singing and dancing around. Diya and Pari came down and sat in their seats and ladies came inside the hall with two treys full of Haldi (Turmeric Paste).

Both their mothers came first and dipped the mango leaves into the paste. They began the ceremony by applying the paste onto their daughters' feet, shoulders and cheeks. The other relatives did the same afterwards. By the time everyone finished, they were both painted in the turmeric paste.

Over at the Dixit house, the Grooms were getting the same treatment. All of Siddhant and Dev's cousins and relatives were applying thick coats of The yellow paste on them.

Finally the ceremony was finished at the Khanna house. Diya and Pari bathed in milk afterwards making their skin glow.

They stayed in Diya's room afterwards while everyone began to prepare for the Henna and Lady Sangeet ceremonies.

Diya couldn't believe that she was betting married to Dev the day after tomorrow!!! At the Haldi ceremony....All I could think was him!!

Pari went outside to get something to eat.

Diya sat in her balcony looking outside at the decoration her brothers had prepared when something came flying through her window. she looked outside to find no-one standing below that could have thrown this. the bent down and picked up the piece of paper that was wrapped tightly around a rock.

Still confused, Diya unwrapped the paper revealing a letter. Diya's smiled thinking that Dev has secretly sent it to her.....but when she actually read it, her smile instantly disappeared.