Chapter 28 | Guess who's back...

Author's POV

Dev and Diya finally were ready for dinner. Diya wore one of her finest Dior dresses, while Dev was wearing one of his poshest Brioni Vanquish II....quiet obviously chosen by Diya!!

"Toh Mr kukad kamal.....Challe? (SO....Mr handsome....shall we leave?)" Diya says grabbing her louis vuitton clutch.

"Yes madam....lets go!!"

They walk to the decorated hall once again. This time, the hall was fully decorated with white calla lilies and blue tulips!!! Quiet obviously Diya's favourite!!!

"Wow Dev!!! You organised white calla lilies and blue tulip decoration....just for me!!! Aww that's so sweet of you!!" Dev stares at her for a moment!!!

He most certainly couldn't remember telling the decoration crew to decorate the halls with these flowers.

"I love you Dev!!!" Diya says giving him another hug!!!

"Ek hug yaha bhi (Give me a hug too)!!" Arnav calls from behind.

"Kyu?? (why?)" Diya asks playfully walking towards him.

"Kyuki yeh sab tumhare pati-dev ne nahi kiya hai!!! Ma ne kiya hai!!! (Because I've done all this decoration....not your dear husband)!!" He mocks.

Dev was groining in anger by now!!

"Nah I'm kidding!!!" he says punching Diya in the arm.

"Actually...Dev called us weeks before to tell us all this!!" he smiles at Diya.

Dev's anger converts into confusion.

"Diya....you go and sit down...I just wanted to have a word with Dev,"

Diya nodded and whispered 'Be good' into Dev's ear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Arnav Bro...I'm so sorry about the way I've been treating you lately!!" Dev says feeling guilty.

"Don't worry about it bro!!! Just follow me!" Arnav demands.

Arnav leads Dev into an underground bar.

"Drink?" Arnav asks pouring out some champagne into his glass.

"I Don't Drink thanks!!" Dev says trying to be polite.

"Such a gentle man huh??" Arnav smirks sitting down onto the lounge adjacent to Dev's.

"So....Lets get to business shall we?" Arnav asks.

"Business??"

"Yes Mr Dev Dixit Business!!! my first question to you is....have you EVER committed a crime?"

Dev's face tenses. He falls into deep thoughts and his breathing gets heavy.

"I'm waiting for an answer Mr Dev Dixit!!!"

"Who are you?" Dev fumbles.

"Didn't I introduce myself, oops where are my manners?? I am Inspector Arnav Gupta!!" Dev Trembles up to the sole.

"Nonsense!!!"He spits. "And the answer to your question is....No....I have never done anything illegal!! And if you have been provoked by that..." he takes a moment to recover, "that....Miss Pihu Banerjee then I don't think there is any point in talking about all this,"

"Miss Banerjee HUH?" Arnav pulls in a smug face. "I never mentioned Miss Banerjee though???"

Dev take deep breaths trying to recover.

Diya's POV

Gee The guys have been gone for long haven't they?? I wonder what they are talking about. I try to concentrate on the food, but my mind keeps on drifting to Dev.