Chapter 22 - Part B | The Wedding

Dev's POV

That Idiot was leaving the stage and I decided that this is the perfect time to talk to Diya. I leant over to Diya and began my questioning.

"Why the hell did you invite him here?"

At first she gave confused expressions but then her face went blank.

"Diya....Why is that idiot here?"

"Dev....We are planning to run away!!!" She whispered into my ear. With clenched hands and jittered teeth I thought of all the nasty things I would have done to that Dhruv if only I wasn't getting married.

"Try your best Diya....I WILL NEVER LET YOU RUN AWAY!!"

Diya's expressions go bland as soon as I say that!!

The night continued and nearly half of the guests had left. (3) Pundit Ji was here and the whole family came along. I can sense the anxiousness in Diya's eyes as she looks around.

The Pundit Ji begins the ceremony rituals.

"Now the Grooms will place the (4) varmala in the brides necks." the Pundit Ji ordered.

Almost instantly, Diya's brothers stood up and pick her up high making it hard for me to do the ceremony.

I leaped into the air and placed the floral necklace into her neck.

It is now Diya's turn to do the same. I can sense her disturbance in her eyes. Why Diya?? Why can't you just love me. She freezes there awkwardly not wanting to continue this. I couldn't deal with this anymore. Getting impatient I grasp onto her wrists and wear the necklace by myself. Everyone around us begin to laugh not sensing the seriousness.

Diya's POV

The night was progressing and my anxiousness increased. Why couldn't Dev just cancel the wedding!!! Ritual after ritual, Dev teased me after every one was completing!!!

Arjun's warnings kept on repeating in my head. Finally it was time for the very last and most important ritual....The Phere (5)!!!

I really can't let this happen!!

"Now let the brides and grooms stand up for the Phere" the priest says.

Sid, Pari and Dev stand up in synch. I stay put...partially because of my agonizing foot, but mainly because of Arjun's Threat!!

"Diya....Phere ke kiys utho...(Diya....Stand up for the Phere)" ma says as if it was that easy.

"My foot hurts too much when I walk!!" I lie.

Ma is about to say something when Dev intercepts, "I'll handle that!!" he says and lifts me up....again!!

"Pundit Ji...Begin the ceremony!!" Dev Says coldly without giving me eye contact.

The first Phere begins and my heart sinks as I expect a gunshot to fire any moment. It feels like agony to look feel all this. I will kill myself if anything happens to Dev!!! I won't live without him under any circumstances.

"What are you thinking?" Dev whispers in between the third Phere.

"You Don't need to know!!"

"There's no point in thinking of an escape plan Diya....cause It will NEVER work!!"

I stay silent at this!! 6 out of 7 Phere were complete, and there was no way of escaping now. I glanced over to Pari and Sid. They were looking so happy together!! enjoying their moment!! and on the other hand there was Dev and I.

"The Phere are complete now place the Vermillion in the brides head and place the (6) mangal sutra in their necks!!" the priest said.

Dev doesn't waist a split second to do so.

"Congratulations....the marriage ceremony has now concluded. Now we have two happily married couples!!"

Oh god...please kill that Arjun before he comes here!!

Dev carries me out of the palace for the (7)Bidaai Ceremony!

"Congratulations Mrs Dixit!!" Dev smirks as we head towards our car. Pari's mother cries her heart out while my mother fixes my Bindi (Just feeling the love flow here).

Pari and Sid sit in their car ready to head off to their house while we sit in ours without uttering a word.  Our car begins to move.

My hands shake as I realise that nothing happened!!! There weren't any gunshots and no-one died!!

Then it hit me...could it be that Arjun just wanted to stop this wedding and terrorise me?

"Dev...Is Arjun still in Jail??"

"Yes!!" he replies coldly. "But why do you ask?"

"Just Curious!!" I sigh in relief.

Dev looks at me suspiciously. Noticing my slightly smiling expressions, he gets confused.

Dev's POV

Is that a smile I see on Diya's face??? How can she even smile at a time like this?? I mean....after all she has just been forced to get married to the guy who she HATES!!

I Fail to understand this girl!! And why was she asking about Arjun?? What's going on in her mind?

Our car enters the Dixit mansion soon after. I glance over to Diya who was fast a sleep by now.

"Diya" I nudge her a little. "Diya!!"

"Mummy Please....five minutes!!" she mumbles.

"Diya we are home!!"

She opens her eyes slightly  and sits up yawning. With droopy eyes she wiggles over and throws her hands up telling me to pick her up.

I carry her inside the house. By that time she was wide awake. She looks in every direction observing the decorated interior.

"Take Diya to your room  beta and get some rest....you two must be exhausted," Ma smiles.

I nod and take her upstairs to my room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea Yea....I know I haven't updated for like AGES!!! I actually have a valid reason for this!! I have been preparing-for/giving auditions to enter this Ballet academy (and yes I am a ballerina if you were wondering!!) and I have won a scholarship!! This is really big if you were wondering!!

💋💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💋

Anyways.....Enough of my flaunting/bragging....Lets get back to the Chappy!! 

Few!! They are a happily married couple now!!

Diya's attempts luckily backfired and they actually got married👰👳!! Will Dev ever find out the truth? Will their misunderstandings ever depart? Will they fight again??? 😤😫What will happen inside Dev's room?

😗 💋 👄 💋 💑 🚼

(You Dirty Minded People!! Not in that way!!)

Please Please Please Please VOTE to let me know that you guys liked the Chappy and also leave your predictions of the next chappy in the comments!!! Puppy eyes 👀

Until Next Time....

❤❤Dillwali Out❤❤