*Chapter 17*

When I woke he was already gone but there was food on the table for me. I ate and sat by the fire in silence thinking about last night. It was hard to ignore the facts but maybe he went for his long walk.

Weston sat on top of the mountain looking up into the sky almost as if the answers were going to fall out of the sky.

"Dad I'm not so sure I know what I'm doing with her. I know you can hear me but I think I need some help here. She's got me all confused and twisted. I can't imagine not sleeping with her but I am not sure I can imagine being with her. Her past is so messed up and I'm afraid that once the baby comes she's going to go running back to her ex. He was a bad man for her that's where the drugs came from. He wanted her to slip up and come crawling back to him. She knew better and threw them away but I can't help but think about the fact that he will always be around. Maybe he doesn't matter and this is about me figuring out what I want whether it only be her and our son or maybe I don't want her at all I just want to sleep with her. What am I saying why would I want to sleep with her if I wanted nothing more than sex with her? What has become of me? Why would invite her to live with the guys and I if I didn't care or feel something for her? I'm pretty sure I've been less of a man and more of a coward lately. I need a sign that I know what I need to do because I want to not because she's having my child. This is so complicated what have I gotten myself into? I'm so stupid I should have known better then to come here with no intentions but to figure this out. I want her and I want our son but I am not sure I can have both and be happy. I know you're not happy about last night, it was wrong but I think I learned something through it. I am scared, a baby is something that I never dreamed I would have to deal with. I guess I should have been more careful those times her and I were together. Help me to see what I need to see with her dad."

"Talking to your dad again?" Zane said startling him

"Yeah, I didn't know you were here." He said looking at him confused.

"I came up to see if you two were ok, we didn't hear from you recently and wanted to make sure all was well. Brinsley told me she hadn't seen you all morning so I figured you were up here."

"I've been here since right before sun up. She's been giving me a lot to think about here of late. I just need some answers, and I can't shake this weird feeling."

"Let me guess, you two had sex last night and now you're really falling hard." He said sounding semi-mad.

"You can say that" Weston said

"What do you mean by that? He asked

"I was stupid. So stupid."

"What happened?"

"Last night I left her here and went into town. I found myself at the bar on the corner we always went to. I met this girl there and let me tell you she was everything almost perfect. I was sitting there drinking when she came and sat next to me. I not sure how many drinks I had but I know we talked for a little while. Some time we ended up in the truck."

"How did you end up in your truck with her? Please don't tell me you slept with her too." Zane said almost shouting

"We started to make out but I stopped her a few times. Then before I knew it she was in my lap grinding against me. I would like nothing more than to tell you we didn't have sex but I would be lying. It all stopped when I accidentally called her Brinsley. She stopped and asked who Brinsley was then I blurted out about Brinsley. The girl was pissed and she left me there