*Chapter 15*

Getting dressed was more of a chore now than it ever was and socks were the worst. It was chilly and sandals were not going to be appropriate for this place. I got dressed as fast as I could and headed downstairs. There he stood waiting for me at the doorway with the truck running and the fire place with only coals in it we headed to town. The trip down the mountain was quick and easy but I was full of anticipation. Shopping was not really my thing but I guess he wanted to get away for a while. I figured we were going to a sporting store but we came to this arena that was full of cars. The sign in the grass didn't give any details away it only said "Expo Today". We parked towards the front in these spaces that were saved for pregnant mommas. It felt a little embarrassing but I went with it. The arena was rather large and filled with hallways on both sides of the entrance doors. Just inside the door hung a sign that read "Welcome to the baby expo" I was a bit overcome by fear at first as I didn't have any money and I wasn't planning on having Weston pay for things if he didn't want to be with me.

"You know I can't ask you to buy anything for me, right?" I asked him

"Well seeing as you have nothing and the both of you have nowhere to go it is important to me that I get you and our son off on the right track. I need to do my part just let me handle this." He said grabbing my hand dragging me through the first open door.

Inside this door was an even bigger room full of all clothing. There were ladies at each stand talking to each of us. It was interesting to say the least but I didn't really want to share our story, it was kind of messed up. Weston did all of the talking for a while before I became comfortable talking about it. I made it seem like it was some evil curse being pregnant, but yet I am not sure I knew how I should have felt. We moved through each area from maternity clothing to baby clothing. The furniture was the biggest thing Weston wanted to see. There were cribs that were gently used, some were sold separately while others had an entire set to sell. It was nice to see all the items but the one set that caught my eye was made of wood. Looked almost brand new, but it was priced like it was used. The gentleman standing at the counter stared at me for a brief moment then approached us asking about anything we may need. Weston told him what he was looking for and they talked while I wondered to the next stand.

"That stuff is really expensive; you know I wouldn't want you to spend your money on something like that." I said

"I actually asked the guy to make me something that will be a surprise later but I bought the set and I want you to stop worrying about the money I am spending. It is my money after all and I have to make sure our son has everything." He said trying to get me to stop talking.

"If you say so." I said dropping the subject

The expo was nice and we walked away with more than I thought we would ever need. Not knowing what the future held for us is what made me nervous. He was buying all of these things for us but if we weren't going to be together he would eventually ask me to leave. I hoped this weekend away would bring us closer but at this time he still seemed undecided. We left with all kinds of things that I didn't have room for including the bedroom set. I wasn't sure if he had room at this place for all of this stuff but I figured he had already thought about that.

We kept busy the rest of the day making the most of being able to be out and about. Keeping my mind busy with what I'm going to do with a newborn in a few weeks. I felt like such a burden to Weston knowing this was not in his plans by any means. I tried to force the thought away as I could feel his eyes watching me. He watched the way I walked and the way I carried myself even though I was more embarrassed about the situation and that I let myself get into this spot. I guess it could be worse, I could be stuck with Dom for the rest of my life. That was the first time since I had ran away from Dom that I thought about him. It made me feel mad and upset that I allowed him to invade my thoughts. I wanted nothing to do with him but yet here he was in my thoughts. Maybe I wish he would see what I finally saw, the life that he could really have.

"What are you thinking about?" Weston asked

"Honestly, you and Dom." I said as my cheecks flushed a shade of red.

"What's to be embarrassed about?" He asked

"I was just thinking about what Dom could be like without the drugs then I remembered him saying he never wanted to get clean. It's embarrassing that I allowed him into my thoughts, and for you it's hard to say but I really want this to work for us. I already know what I want but I'm waiting on you. I know you need your time to think things through but I don't really have that much time. Our boy will be here sooner then we think and I don't want you to make a choice if you're not ready to, but it's making me crazy." I said looking at the floor trying to hide the tears welling in my eyes.

"Hey, it's ok. There is no need to be embarrassed by the fact that you know what you want. I have to get with it your right but I know that time is limited. As far as Dom is concerned he is dead to me and I would hope to you as well. There is no need to get upset about this I will always be there for you and our son. I just need to take a long walk and decide what I want and what is best for me. I know being at the Expo was hard for both of us but it put a few things into perspective for me." He said grabbing my chin making me look at him, causing the tears welling in my eyes to fall. I wanted him and only him, I hoped he would soon see that.