Aftermath

Kid POV

The war raged on, but I couldn't hear any of it. My attention was focused on the dark haired girl trembling in my arms.

"Please...Help me" Misaki's voice faintly whispered and I felt wet droplets hit my arm..

I froze......were those tears!?

The cold streams dripped down her face continuously as I stood there stunned. I had never seen her cry before....What happened to her?

Her grip tightened as she buried her pale face into my fur coat . Burning flesh wafted in the air as her wound began to bleed heavily. Red blood stained my cloak and dripped to the ground. Suddenly, her sobbing ceased. I felt her body stop moving completely.

"OI..." I growled as I shook her slightly "Misaki!..."

She did reply.

She didn't even shift...

Her eyes were sealed shut and her body was limp.

"Hey!..Misaki!" I said in a more frantic tone. I quickly put my ear to her chest and heard a faint thump.

Relief filled my mind.....she only fainted.....but her condition was really bad.

The ground rattled again, causing me to look up. I saw Whitebeard strike the earth with his spear, sending seismic waves towards the Akainu. Akainu tried to futilely block the attack as Whitebeard suddenly flashed in front of him and used his rough hand to pulse another wave of energy straight through Akainu's skull. Everyone else ran away from them as they continued to fight.

Nearby, Luffy was kneeling on the ground, holding a raven haired man.

"Straw Hat.!" I barked.

His head shot up, but his eyes were in a state of panic.

"We have to get out of here!" I shouted over the screams and gunfire that continued around us.

Luffy glanced over and noticed the unconscious Misaki in my arms. A look of realization appeared on his face and his mouth set into a stern line. He nodded and then pulled the other raven guy over his shoulder.

"Let's go." he mumbled in a serious tone complete opposite of his usual childish voice.

That caught me off guard....first Misaki crying, now Luffy is actually serious!!....what the hell had happened to them?

We ran with the other retreating pirates as marines tried to chase after us.

"Repel!" I shouted, sending a cannonball flying towards our chasers.

"Gomu Gomu no Gataling Gun!" screamed Luffy knocking down any others that tried to block us with his rapid firing fists.

We finally reached the ocean, but my ship no where in sight. Damn....those marines must have chased off Killer and the others.

*click*

I whipped back around in time to see a huge mass of marines, guns loaded and aimed, surrounding us from all sides.

Shit....

I could fight them off, but could I protect Misaki at the same time?

"Surrender now!" ordered a well-dressed officer marines as he walked up towards us, "...or we will fire!"

Luffy stood tense, ready to block the attack, and I prepared to deflect any bullets.....we both had injured people...this would be hard.