Island

Mihawk POV

(Marineford)

A gloomy fog seemed to engulf the broken battleground as shadowed figures trudged around collecting the dead.

Red haired Shanks had appeared, ending the war, and a ceasefire had been called so the dead could be mourned. I could hear the distant cries of marines and pirates alike, echoing through the air.

Unfortunately, Whitebeard had died too and Blackbeard had stolen his devil fruit.

I frowned as I made my way past the numerous fissures that littered the soil, proof of the immense power that man now held.

A flash of crimson red and another of gleaning gold came into my vision as I came to the edge of the battleground.

I gave a nod to Marco and Shanks as I walked up to the huge marbled gravestone they stood in front of. It soared towards the sky, with his spear and flowing cape placed proudly above it.

Shanks gave me a quizzical look, "I didn't know you cared about Whitebeard...Hawkeye," he said in an even tone.

"I don't...red hair." I replied coldly as I went past him. My eyes were set firmly on a smaller marble grave which sat next to Whitebeard's. It paled in comparison and didn't even have engravings or an inscription. A single rapier was struck into its stone.

I stood in front of the grave and slowly took off the heavy golden cross I wore around my neck.....

"I'm sorry...."I whispered. My voice quickly faded into the air.

The chains clattered in the breeze as I placed it on the rapier. A weight seemed to lift off of my heart as the cross continued to glisten in the sunlight.

I stared up at the clear sky and the distant clouds .

You died with a smile on your face.

You must have found good friends...

I couldn't help but wonder if they were safe now...

(500 miles south east on A deserted island )

Law POV

My eyes flashed open as I used my hands to sit up and slowly rub my head.

Ughh.......what happened?

I felt warm sand under my fingertips, and heard the faint sound of lapping waves.

The images flashed in my mind: The submarine had been destroyed....we were drowning....

How did we end up on land?

As my splitting headache disappeared, I made out the shapes of four other figures scattered next to me. To my right lay Kid, face down in the sand, drenched in sea water, pieces of seaweed tangled in his flaming hair.

Luffy and Ace were to my left, with synchronized sleeping bubbles coming from their noses as they lay arms outstretched in the sand. Their chests rose and fell rhythmically as they snored.

In between them lay Miskai.

I froze...she definitely looked the worst out of all of us. I noticed her tiny footprints that led from the ocean to where we were, heavy streak marks following them.....

Had she saved us all?

The sand around her was stained deep crimson ....shit...she's still bleeding.