XIV

Chapter 14- Blue is the new color of envy

****

Micah

I looked around as I waited for everyone to go to sleep or leave the hallways. I watched Ali walk out and I leaned back so he wouldn't See me only for me to knock over a vase that was here.

His head turned and I leaned in further while he turned and began walking my way. I sighed and went inside the room I was leaning on then panicked while shutting the door.

I listened as he walked by the door and stopped then turned around and kept walking. I took a breath of relief as I leaned against the door.

"Running from someone?" I heard and I damn near jumped before I turned around to face Nate who was standing with glasses and his arms crossed.

"I Uhm. I was just making sure not to disturb anyone"

He nodded. "Ali?"

"Yeah, What are you gonna turn me in now?"

He looked up like he was thinking. "No I don't think so, I hated his guts when I met him. Honestly his only intention is to make us stronger. But he really is good I promise you, He raised me"

I looked at the door still hearing footsteps and decided to let him finish. As long as I'm here I should get information.

"He raised you how?"

"When I was younger I was abandoned, I had human parents and once they found out what I was they threw me in the woods like I was some type of animal. I had nothing. Then I seen Ali, He was beyond pissed and I guess when he seen me it lightened his mood, I hated him no doubt because I thought he was creepy and rude as much as everyone else I had around me. He'd make me attack deer and bears and other animals and just feed. Until it became humans. He killed his mother because she made him what he is and that's why he suffers, But eventually I trusted him because he promised all those who abandoned us and people like us, Would suffer"

Feeling weird and uneasy I nodded not really understanding his point. "That sounds evil to me"

"Evil?" He repeated as his eyes brightened. "No what's evil is when you ban someone or leave someone just because of what they are. They didn't ask to be this way so why judge them?They can only feel how we did"

I slowly backed away as I turned around to open the door then he appeared in front of me shutting the door back with his eyes red.

"That's why I can't let you help Victor"

"What?" I asked fake surprised. "Dude I wasn't gonna save him"

He laughed. "I'm not stupid, You wanna help your brother and your sister. What about us?"

"All I want is to be with the people who are concerned about the well being of others. Not people who are out for blood"

"You killed your sister. You watched as her skin became pale while you sucked the life out of her and you watched while her body laid there lifeless with her eyes open and nothing but fear and pleading in her eyes"

I closed my eyes and looked away reliving what happened. "I know what I did"

"So you're out for blood just as much as we are! Except we want revenge and you only worry about you and those damn vampire's but were they worried about us when we were left for dead and gone?" He asked as he raised his voice.