036

—JHS
8:11 AM KST

hoseok was left bleeding, and wondering how in the hell the key had gotten in his thigh.

there was a small scalpel and a pocket knife provided for him next to his feet for the removal of the key. he sarcastically thanked no one in particular before digging the blade into his thigh. hoseok gasped out in pain when he felt the steel penetrating his skin—he tried not to look, but he couldn't tear his eyes away from his injury.

the pain was to the point where it was near unbearable. it hurt so much, to where he couldn't find any words to describe it; well, how could he, when his mind and turned blank as soon as the blade had sunk into his thigh?

hoseok gasped when he felt another round of searing, white-hot pain rip through him. he gritted his teeth hard to the point where he thought he might break his own jaw.

he had opened up a wound wide enough for him to slip a finger in; blood was oozing out of the cut, dripping down as he twisted his index finger inside. hoseok yelled, tears brimming his eyes as he felt dizzy and pained. he could literally feel the muscles, the soft, warm flesh enveloping his finger—it disgusted him to an extent.

when the tip of his finger reached a hard, foreign object, he shoved his thumb in as well, pulling it out as quickly as possible for minimal pain—not that it was any better, anyway.

his mind felt cloudy when he saw the small key covered in blood; he fit it into the small hole in the mechanism next to his ankles, freeing himself.

when he tumbled forward, he found himself screaming loudly in pain; his breath caught in his throat when he realized that the mechanism really did split in half. if he was a second slower, he would've died—he would've been torn in half. hoseok could feel his inner thighs growing slightly numb when he started thinking about what could've happened to him.

with his remaining strength, he limped towards the door, gripping the wound on his leg. when he opened it, though, he could only see a lone table with a bottle of water, a phone, a lamp, and a roll of bandages.

he grabbed the roll, wrapping it around his leg numerous times, and even then, blood seeped through. hoseok sighed, taking his phone.

unknown number :
hoseok...i never would've
guessed you came out
alive. i guess i'll have to
hide it in a better place
next time :)

unknown number :
now all you have to do is
wait...the second trial is
coming.