039

—MYG
10:26 AM KST

he had been running through the darkness for too long.

as soon as his door was unlocked, he ran out. he hadn't run since...a while ago, actually. he was surprised that his legs could carry him that fast; but where—where was the end?

it was a house, alright, but he didn't know where the fucking cures were. where were the vials? under the rotting wood boards? behind the walls? where?

yoongi was about to go out of his crazed mind.

his heart pounded against his chest, and nearly choked on air when he felt a hand steady him by clasping onto his shoulder.

"fuck," yoongi inhaled sharply, jumping back and looking up at the stranger in front of him.

"relax," he spoke with his deep voice, reaching out a hand for yoongi, which he ignored. "we're all in this together."

"who are you?" yoongi narrowed his eyes in suspicion, backing up against the wall as the stranger took another step forward. "what do you want from me? just leave me alone—i can fend for myself."

"no, you can't," the stranger said again, this time, a little more desperate. "we all need each other."

"i don't need anyone," yoongi hissed, his heart thrashing erratically against his ribcage. "just leave me, so i can look for the fucking vials."

the stranger sighed. "look, i'm assuming you're yoongi?"

yoongi flinched. "what?"

"from the group chat that you were put in days ago," he replied calmly, his pupils shaking nervously. "i recognize you from the profile picture you had on kakaotalk. i-i'm namjoon, by the way. sorry if i scared you."

yoongi's shoulders relaxed.

"how'd you even find me?" yoongi asked, the tension releasing from his body as he spoke. "i sprinted out right when the doors were unlocked."

"i stepped out when the doors were unlocked too, you know. and it's not hard to run after someone who's sprinting; you can hear their heavy footsteps."

"what brings you here, then?" yoongi asked, beginning to walk in a specified direction. namjoon walked alongside him. "i-if it's not a sensitive topic of course, you don't really have to tell me, um, i was just, um—"

"i...accidentally put someone on the death row. i didn't mean to, i really thought he was the perpetrator, i swear..." namjoon replied with a heavy sigh. "i still get nightmares about it, you know? i just wish i would've been a smarter law student. that's all."

"you study law?" yoongi smiled. "my father studied law. i majored in music. i was put here because...because of my drug addiction. if—if—we get out of here, you won't put me in jail, right?"

namjoon grinned. "no promises."

"i just want to make it out of here, alive. i don't really care what happens to me after at this point. i-i've never wanted to live more."

a/n ;
i have 15 more
chapters left lmao
bear with me <3
+ thank!! you!! so!!
much!! for!! 22K reads!!
and!! 3.8K votes!!

+ thank you for 1K votes
& 4K reads on my other bts
mystery/thriller/horror novel,
DOPPELGÄNGER!