040

—KTH
10:45 AM KST

taehyung's eyes were swollen from crying.

he had never been one to cry at a lot of things, whether it be a movie, a book, or anything unfortunate—but he was really scared.

taehyung leaned against the door, praying that someone would come and help him. maybe he could magically get service and call 911.

he gasped when he suddenly fell backwards, thinking, 'where did the door go?', but he realized that someone had opened it.

taehyung closed his eyes. maybe if he pretended to be dead, the stranger would leave.

the stranger murmured something under his breath before chuckling lightly.

"if you're going to pretend to be dead, at least make it believable," he spoke, prodding taehyung's cheek with his finger. "get up."

taehyung opened one eye. "i don't know who you are. are you the one that put us in here?"

"no," he frowned. "i could ask the same for you. maybe you were pretending to be dead so that you could escape without anyone knowing. clever."

"i'm not that smart, and i don't know who you are, but just leave me alone. i deserve to die," taehyung scoffed, turning on his side. "i'll just let the poison take over."

the stranger sighed and kicked taehyung gently on the back.

"never in my years of living did i meet anyone pathetic and so empty. get up, we are finding those cures and we are going to get the hell out of here."

taehyung got up. "what makes you so sure that we're going to get out of here alive?"

"i never said that," he frowned. "i merely just implied. hurry up, we have to work fast."

taehyung narrowed his eyes, getting on his feet and ignoring his wobbly knees. "who are you?"

"kim seokjin," he smirked, patting taehyung on the shoulder. "the so-called 'suicidal bastard'. you?"

"kim taehyung," he replied, a little dizzy as he began to walk. "i can barely see anything. it's so dark in here."

"i guess it is," seokjin shrugged. "now hurry. we don't know how fast or how slow the poison will work inside us. we have to hurry. i want to live."

as seokjin's walking pace got more brisk and hurried, taehyung struggled to catch up, almost breaking into a slight jog. "um, i don't know if this will be a sensitive question, but, um..."

"just ask."

"...uh, do you ever regret...attempting?"

seokjin's footwork slowed, and his jaw clenched. his gaze was fixated into the empty space in front of him. his chin slightly nodded.

"all the time," he said quietly.

a/n ;
sorry for the filler chapters!!
real shit will go down soon :)