043

JHS
11:58 AM KST

the word 'pain' did not even begin to describe what he felt.

clutching his side, he trudged across the dark hallway, lights flickering and hindering his ability to see, which was already hard for him to focus with the aching pain stabbing at the side of his body.

"are you sure you don't need to—"

"i'm fine," hoseok snapped, his eyebrows creasing. they relaxed after a few, sighing as the tension in his shoulders had been relieved momentarily. "...sorry."

"no, no, i get it," jungkook waved his hands around to show that he completely understood. "we're all frustrated. i understand. i'm not offended or anything."

"good," hoseok meant to reply coolly, but the sharp flash of pain caused breathlessness in his voice, sounding empty and airy. jungkook shot him another weary and worried look, biting the inside of his cheek. he offered hoseok his shoulder to lean upon, and hoseok hesitated.

"you're so difficult," jungkook muttered, pulling hoseok gently by the arm, making hoseok fall into jungkook's side. hoseok sighed, feeling the relief from the tightness of his shoulders alleviating, feeling slightly grateful for the help, as he was too stubborn to admit that he needed help. he didn't think he deserved it anyway—he was a criminal, after all. he was a criminal with regrets—after that night, he decided to cut off all sorts of alcohol, but if he ever got through with this, he promised himself a drink. alone at his house, this time.

hoseok was tired. it felt like he had been walking for two hours straight, probably because of the pain that had been dragging him down. maybe death would be considered mercy.

hoseok let the strain in his eyes go slack as jungkook could serve as his eyes for a while. it felt nice, closing his eyes—maybe death would be nice too.

but that didn't go for long. jungkook stopped in his tracks, and hoseok opened back up his heavy lidded eyes, straining to see what's forward. jungkook's grip on hoseok's side went lax, gagging slightly and covering his mouth, crouching down.

"w-what's wrong?" hoseok croaked, clearing his dry throat quickly afterwards. jungkook's eyes teared up, but he blinked them away before hoseok could catch a glimpse of it. jungkook pointed a shaky finger to what was in front of them—hoseok looked, gasping as he saw a big room with a big abyss in the middle, filled with what looked like syringes. hoseok's stomach did a flip as he was nervous about what he was about to see, and when he did, he regretted having the eyes to even see.

a man, who looked very pale, was in the middle with thousands of syringes. his body was engulfed in needles, and it laid unmoving in the giant hole dug deep in the ground. the body was sinking in the sea of needles dyed crimson red, needles piercing every acre of his skin.

hoseok's breathing became shallow, and he clutched the side of his abdomen, wincing as he turned his head away. jungkook bit the inside of his cheek, sighing as he shook his head.

"who is that?" hoseok asked, finally opening his mouth to fill the air. "is he...d-dead? w-who—"

"i think that's yoongi," jungkook answered, his voice stoic and unmoving, as he stared down at the body. "i've seen his profile picture in the chat. his face is slightly disfigured and covered in blood, but it can be recognized easily. and i don't think he's alive. he would've reacted to our voices by now."

"w-why are you so," hoseok swallowed, his pupils dilating. "why are you so unmoved by this? j-jungkook, we have to...we might..."

jungkook shot him a quick, sad smile, wetting his lips. "i'm a police officer. i...i can't show that i'm affected that easily. that'd be bad for me, and also...i need to be strong here, don't i not? so, let's move on; we don't have much time left." with that, he tightened his grip against hoseok's side, helping him move around the hole filled with syringes, and unfortunately, yoongi. hoseok's footsteps hesitated for a few moments, slowing down the pace, and although he didn't want to, his eyes were pinpointed on his body.

before hoseok knew it, jungkook was pushing on another door that they encountered, and hoseok sighed, not really wanting to see the surprise behind the door after the last one. when they stepped inside though, they barely even had time to breathe as something swung out in front of them, catching them by surprise and leaving their hearts thrashing against their ribcage. hoseok clutched the wound, as due to the shock, it leaked out some of his blood; jungkook looked at him worriedly, but he was taken aback too—hoseok strained to look up, and he was surprised to see that it was a man.

"a-ah," hoseok sighed in relief, his knees shaking. "it's just someone else. hello. we're stuck in here like everyone else, and we mean absolutely no harm—"

"hoseok," jungkook squinted. "wait."

"hm? why? i'm just introducing ourselves—"

hoseok stopped, choking on his own saliva as he saw that the man he had been talking to was dead. the thing that swung out—it was his body, swinging from the ceiling—it was too dark to tell where the noose, or whatever had choked him to his death, was located in. hoseok's screams were drowned by the tightness in his throat, and he staggered back and into jungkook due to his shock.

"w-who—" hoseok stuttered out, his fingers shaking and gripping onto the hem of jungkook's shirt. "who is—"

jungkook's lips parted.

"t-taehyung," he spoke quietly, his eyelids fluttering as he took a look at his face, his shoulders sagging and his voice quivering. "i..."

"i-is it someone you know?" hoseok asked cautiously, looking a little towards jungkook but then towards the feet of the hanging man named taehyung.

"we...we should get going," jungkook pursed his lips, grabbing onto hoseok's shoulder a little more forcefully. "i—i need to get out of here."

"oh, um..oh. okay, yeah. okay," hoseok laughed nervously, staggering to match jungkook's speed and force, before pinching himself on the thigh out of regret.

-

a/n ;
HI GUYS IT'S BEEN
A WHILE BUT I WAS
SUPER BUSY BUT I'M
BACK FOR NOW, SO
ENJOY A LONGER UPDATE!
& VOTE FOR THIS BOOK
& DOPPELGÄNGER IF
YOU HAVE READ IT IN
THE MAMA AWARDSSS
(spam me bc i'm desperate)
THANK YOU I LOVE YOU
& THANK YOU FOR 9K
VOTES AND 65.5K VIEWS
I DONT EVEN DESERVE IT
BUT I LOVE YOU SM !! <3
+ also if taekook is your thing
and you're in for a shitload
of taekook smut, check out my
new book called 'subservient'! <3
+ if you're into applyfics, please
check out 'assassins'! it's lit :)