He Says I Love You for the First Time

“Hey, Harry, what’s up?” you ask, curious as to why he was so persistent to Skype tonight.

“I’m okay. You alright?” he responds.

"Yeah.. what’s up?” you repeat, his furrowed brow making it obvious he’s been thinking pretty hard about something.

“I wanted to ask you how you’re doing, like.. with all of.. this.” he asks with hand motions, clearly still thinking as he tries to speak. You’re a little confused, but answer anyway.

“Um.. fine? I guess?” you respond. He pauses for a moment and considers your answer.

“Do you not find it.. like.. weird? You know, how I’m famous and all.. I mean.. it’s a lot to handle.” he thinks aloud and you shrug.

“I dunno.. I mean, yeah.. it’s kind of weird cause it’s so, like.. different than normal people, but.. I mean I really enjoy hanging out with you and stuff.” you reply, not really sure what he’s getting at.

“Do you think you’ll get, like, tired of it?” he asks, and you furrow your brow and laugh a little bit.

“Uhh.. I don’t know! Why are you asking all these weird questions?” you say and shake your head in confusion. He can’t help but smile at your laughter, and rubs his eye as he continues.

“I’m just.. I’ve, like, been thinking a lot today, and I kind of, like.. I kind of realized that I’m starting to, like.. I don’t know, the past few weeks have been really fun.” he rambles, not giving you much of an explanation. You wait with raised eyebrows which signal him to continue. He laughs into a sigh, obviously amused at his own twisted tongue.

“Basically,” he regains his resolve, “Basically, I’m like.. in love with you.” He can’t help but impishly grin at his own words, and you nearly melt at the sight of his dimples.

“… what?” you half whisper, shocked and excited all at the same time.

“I know this is, like, reeeally early to say something like that, but, like.. things are different with me, and I know that, and like.. I just need to know if, like.. if all the stuff that comes.. with me, I guess.. is too much for you before I, you know.. get like, really involved.” he tries to explain.

You slowly nod, your confusion lifting a bit.

“Oh, well, I, um.. I love you too.” you try not to grin, but fail. “And of course not— I’ve really enjoyed the last few weeks too, and.. I’m willing to give it a shot. I mean, honestly I’m kind of scared, but.. I think you may just be worth it.” you giggle and he grins again.

“Good.” he nods playfully. “That’s very good to hear.”