Clingy Cuddles

"Harryyyy..." you'd whined pitifully on Friday evening, worming your hands around his middle as he reached for a mug out of the kitchen cabinet. 

"Whaaattt.." he played back, setting the mug down and reaching for the kettle as your face nestled just below his shoulder blades.

"Let's watch a movie or something," you mumbled nearly incoherently into his shirt.

"Watch a what?" he faked misunderstanding. His hands reached for the tea bin tucked underneath the cabinets, while a grin reached his mouth.

"A moviieee.." you drawled out, lifting your head just the slightest bit so your words were less muffled. 

He laughed quietly and put a hand over one of yours, the other stirring the steaming froth. "I suppose we could arrange that."

Harry sipped his tea as you dragged your fluffy blanket off the chair and towards the couch. You made no attempt at subtly and went straight for his lap. 

"Well hey there," he chuckled, perfectly content to let your face nuzzle up into his neck. He wasn't sure what the sudden clinginess was all about, but he definitely didn't mind. His arm wrapped around your back while he grabbed the remote with his other hand. You scootched a little further down into his chest, sighing as he leaned a kiss to your forehead.

"What do you want to watch?" he asked, his voice rather low and quiet as he turned the TV on.

"I don't care," you spoke softly against his skin. He couldn't help but smirk-- the tickling wisp of your speech against his skin muddled so nicely with how lovely you felt all tucked up in his arms.

"Why do I get the feeling that this is less about watching a movie and more about fluffy blanket cuddles?" he played, slipping a few kisses down your face.

You giggled, your eyes staying closed as you quietly protested with a bashful nodding away of your head. "Because it is,"  you giggled more, sliding your arms around his neck and cinching tightly, your head coming to a rest on his shoulder as his arms curled further around your waist. You liked how secure they felt, holding you close and making you feel like he wanted you just as close as you wanted him.

Saturday morning he'd woken up with your small frame crawling on top of him, hands digging between his back and the sheets to circle his torso, and head flopping down on his chest, crazy sleep hair and all. He'd subconsciously moved his legs a bit so you could slide right in between, and as he cracked his eyes the smallest bit to look down at you, he realized you looked rather like a little koala clinging onto a stalk of bamboo, and that made him give a very sleepy chuckle. Anything further was too much thought that early in the morning, so after clasping his hands around your back, he'd fallen right back to sleep.

That afternoon you'd gone out for a shop, and while it wasn't unusual for a bit of hand-holding and kisses here and there, he was a bit surprised at how you seemed to constantly be seeking out his fingers, leaning into his side, reaching up on your tip toes to brush his jaw with a quick kiss. Not that he minded, of course. He happily obliged, holding you extra close as you stood in the queue for coffee, slipping kisses to your nose at every stoplight, and catching his hands on your hips and head on your shoulder as you pondered which kind of cereal to get at the grocery. 

That evening you'd gone with him for a quick appearance at a work party with the local aides and managers. He kept glancing down at you with a small smile on his face, loving how your hand was linked so tightly with his, how your cheek was practically glued to his bicep, how your other hand curled around his forearm. Still, he couldn't shake a growing feeling that maybe something was wrong. He loved the attention, but you weren't usually quite so clingy and he wondered if there was a reason. Just in case, he unlinked your hands and pulled you into his side, a kiss to your temple before he shook the next set of hands, hoping to make you feel just a bit more loved and safe with you that much closer to himself.

The next morning, you sat down beside him at the table, linking your hands around his outstretched arm and your cheek meeting his shoulder again. He hesitated scrolling on his phone just for a moment as he glanced down at you. The cereal in his mouth crunched a bit slower as he considered the last two days. He figured you hadn't really left his side since Friday, and while he rather liked the change of your skin brushing up against his so much more often, the worry he'd considered the night before furrowed his brows. His spoon clinked in his bowl as he paused his usual Sunday morning routine. 

"Are you alright, love?" he asked.

Your eyes peeked up at him. "Yeah, I guess, why?"

He sniffed, studying your face before brushing a kiss to your forehead. "I dunno, you've just seemed a bit... I'm not really sure, actually. Something."

Your mouth turned up in the smallest smile. "A bit 'something?'"

Harry gave a quiet laugh. "I don't knowww," he moaned with a cheeky grin, another spoonful of cereal to his lips. "Just concerned," he muffled out over the spoon in his mouth.

You smiled, sitting up straighter and brushing a bit of hair out of his face, your lips meeting the side of his cheek. He smiled at your attention, mouth still full of cereal. "Love you," you hummed, thankful for his concern.

"Love you," he replied, watching you walk back toward the counter for your own bowl before returning his gaze to his phone. He knew you'd speak up if something were truly the matter, so your simple reassurance was enough for the moment.

And the truth was, you were feeling more clingy than usual, but you didn't really have a good reason. You'd felt a bit anxious, a bit sad for no reason, a bit overworked, but nothing so totally out of the normal that you felt it necessary to make a deal over. You knew it'd probably fix itself with a few good nights sleeps. But in the meantime, Harry cuddles were your favorite coping mechanism, your favorite past time, your favorite distraction from everything anxious in the world. So that's just what you did-- cuddled and snuggled and nuzzled your way right into the very center of his heart, where everything was truly warm and safe and calm.