Chapter 24: Funeral

(Picture: I GOT MY BRACES OFF!!!!!)
Liza's POV:
I stand there in front of his casket, David holding my hand with his other arm around me. I can't process what is happening. It doesn't feel real. I let one year slip out of my eye and not any more. I can't cry, I am stronger than that.
I sit down so the service can start. My mind goes somewhere else then David brings me back when he goes to hold my hand.
Funeral talker person (sorry don't know what they are called): "Anyone like to say a few words?"
It is silent for a couple of seconds, then something I didn't expect happens. David gets up.
David: "I would like to say something."
He kisses my hands then makes his way up to the podium.
David: (Deep breath) "For those of you that don't know me, my name is David Dobrik. I am Liza's boyfriend. Now I didn't know Mr.Koshy that well. I don't think he liked me at first. The thought of his little girl growing up scared him. But I hope to God that he likes me now. I hope he knows I will take care of her. As I said, we didn't know each other for very long. But from what Liza has told me, he was a jolly guy that you always wanted to be around. He was friendly and light-hearted. I know I'm lucky to have gotten to have Mr.Koshy in my life. And I wish everyone in the world could have the same joy in life as everyone in this room."
I tear up. David looks like he is tearing up too. He walks back to his seat and kisses my cheek.
Liza: "I love you so much."
David: "I love you too baby."
Author's Note:
I GOT MY FUCKING BRACES OFF!!! I'm so happy! I'm sorry that this was kinda a sad chapter. Next chapter I'll make it happy! Now it's time for question of the day!
Q: What's your favorite day of the week?
A: Wednesday because Liza and David both upload and I get to write for you beautiful people!
Abby <3