Chapter 8

T-dog is in front of us as we walked down the dark hallway. After Tomas killed Big tiny brutally, Rick and Daryl have been keeping a close eye on him. I've been watching the rest. None of the others seem to be a threat, but you never know.

"He makes one move." I heard Rick say in a low voice.

"Just give me a signal." Daryl replied.

I turned and they looked at me, I swung my machete as a gesture that I'm also up to the task of killing the psycho. Rick nodded and and gave me a slight smile.

We walked into what looked like the laundry room. There were washing and drying machines everywhere, along with clothes and hampers.

There was a set of double doors and growling was heard from the other side. We can never catch a break can we?

I heard a jingle of keys and saw Daryl had thrown his set at Tomas's feet. "I ain't opening that." He said kicking the keys.

"Yes you are." Rick said sternly, kicking the keys back. "If you want this cell block, your going to open that door. Just the one."

Tomas sighed and picked up the keys. He looked back at Anthony and turned to unlock the door. I looked at Anthony and saw he was annoyed. Maybe he's is a threat.

Tomas unlocked the door after a second and turned to us. "You bitches ready?" I rolled my eyes and waited. He pulled the door but I didn't open, tried again same result, then he quickly pulled both doors and it opened. Fuck.

"I said one door!" Rick yelled as walkers pilled in. "Shit happens!"

I killed one walker and another. The prisoners were doing well now, finally going for the head. I looked over at Tomas just in time to see him push a walker into Rick. I rushed over and killed the walker after they fell. Daryl helped Rick up and the walkers were cleared out.

"It was coming at me, bro." Tomas said turning to Rick. I rolled my eyes and raised my machete a little higher. I saw Daryl do the same with his bow. Rick held his hands up slight though and we dropped them.

"Yeah, I get it." Rick started. "Shit happens."

They stood staring at each other for a moment. Then in a quick movement Rick swung his machete and sliced Tomas's head, killing him. Rick kicked the body off his blade and Anthony decided to make a move, But before he could bash Ricks head in I moved and kicked his knee making him fall harshly. He got up though and ran off. "Got him." I said and ran after him. I heard foot steps behind me and turned to see Rick.

We chased him through halls till he ran out side, right into a ring of walkers. No way out. He noticed his dilemma righg as we got there. I quickly closed the gate and Rick locked it.

"Let me in! Open it up please!"

"You better run." I said and we moved back and closed the door so we didn't have to see him get eaten. But his scream were still heard.

~*~

"We had nothing to do with that." Oscar said calmly was Rick held his colt to his head.

"You didn't know?" Rick said said in almost chuckle. "You knew. Daryl let's end this now!" Rick yelled and turned to Axel.

Daryl put his crossbow on Oscar. I had my machete out and blocked the door. T had a gun on Axel was well.

"Sir please listen to me! It was them not us!" Axel begged Rick.

"Oh that convenient." I spit.

"You saw what he did to tiny! He was my friend. Pease we ain't like that." Axel continued. "I like my pharmaceuticals but I wasn't violent. I wanna live please."

Rick stayed form a moment before going that to Oscar. "What about you?"

"I ain't never plead form my life." Oscar said calmly."and I ain't about to start now."

I can respect that.

"So you do what you gotta do."

~*~

Daryl unlocked the gate to cellblock D and pushed the last to prisoners in. The hall was lined with body's, prisoner body's. "Oh man." Axel said, visibly getting upset.

"I knew these guys," He said looking away. "They were good men."

I looked at Daryl, he was looking anywhere but the body's and the two live prisoners. I sighed shook my head. The worlds cruel now.

"Let's go." Rick said, backing away.

"So you just gonna leave us in here?" Oscar said, appalled. "Man this is sick."

"We're locking down this cell block." Rick informed. "From now on this part of the prison is yours. That was the deal take it or leave it."

"I'd take it." I said, giving them a small smile. Rick walked out, followed by T-dog. I waited behind for Daryl.

"You think this is sick." He said, gesturing toward the body's. "You don't want to know what's out side."

~*~

We made it back to the other, hoping there was improvement with Hershel. "He stopped breathing, mom brought him back." Carl said as we walked in. Guess there's no improvement.

We walked in and saw Hershel laying in this bed, or prison bunk bed, peacefully sleeping. He also looks a bit pale.

"Still no fever." Lori said.

We all stood around, silently hoping his eyes would open. That he would be back up and alive soon. And guess what, as we all stood there, I watched as the old mans eyes began to slowly open. His girls were smiling, laughing with joy. It felt like a weight was lifted from the room.

Hershel's ok. That's all that matters right now.

---------------------------------//------------------------------

Hello!!!!! We are now officially done with episode 2!!

Hope you liked it!

Please vote & comment!!!!!!

~Kenna