Chapter 30

Rick, Michonne and Carl went on a run to Kings County earlier this morning. Rick said there should be more guns at his old police station so they went to check it out. Rick asked if I could hold down the fort till he got back and I agreed.

I sent Maggie on watch for the morning and I'd take afternoon, have Daryl take over while I'm out there. I didn't tell Daryl though, I had Maggie tell him. I'm still mad and I understand I need to get over it, cause he's back now, but I just can't.

Maggie came in a little early, said her head hurt and asked if I could start early. I agreed because that's who I am. I made my way outside to the watch area, picking up the same riffle as last night.

I rested a hand on my machete, it strapped to my hip by my belt. I haven't used in lately, last time being when the Governor showed up. I eyed the guard tower I was in that day, the one that the only way to get into it is through the field. I sighed and looked away, back to the walkers in the field.

I really shouldn't go out there, try to get to the tower. It's dangerous, stupid and I just shouldn't do it.

I opened the gate to the field and closed it behind me. I turned  and quickly slicing my machete through the nearest walkers head. I began to sprint to the guard tower dogging walkers left and right.  It feels good to be running for some reason.

My joy was short lived when I tripped over a fucking rock and a walker came tumbling down on top of me.

"Shit." I mumbled, trying to reach my machete because it bounced out of my hand when I feel. I had my forearm on the walkers neck and my left knee up, trying to push it off.

I felt the tip of my fingers brush the handle of my machete, when my foot slipped from the grass and the walker fell right back on top of me full force. My stomach started to hurt from fear as the walkers face, more specifically it's teeth, came closer to my face. That was until an arrow went through its skull, almost going through my right eye.

The walker fell limp on me before Daryl pulled it off and held a hand out for me. I glared at him and got up on my own, grabbing my machete on the way up. I then continued my journey to the tower.

"Hey! Dammit April!" I heard him yell before his footsteps were quick behind mine. Go away god dammit!

I finally made it to the guard tower, barreling through the door, Daryl right behind me and slamming it shut.

"The hell ya think ya doin'." He screamed, getting in my face. I rolled my eyes and started walking up the stairs to the look out section.

"I had it." I huffed, opening the trap door and hauling my self up through it.

"Oh, yeah, almost dyin' is the way ta prove that." He spit, hopping up and letting the door fall closed.

"If you wouldn't hav-"

"Ya woulda died!" He yelled cutting me off and getting in my face again. I huffed and walked to railing.

"Why do you even care? You just left me with no problem! Did it ever occur to you that that would've killed me?" I started out calm but ended up screaming in his face by the end of it.

"I came back." He whispered and I snorted.

"Screw you."

"I did! I came back! I'm standin' right in front of ya." He said stepping closer but I backed away and turned around.

"You just felt bad for leaving when you did. After what we started." I said crossing my arms and fighting back the tears that threatened to fall.

"Yeah, that's why." He said sarcastically and I whipped around and glared at him.

"Then why?"

"Cause I love ya! Ya idiot!" He yelled catching me completely off guard, I think himself to. He looked surprised, then it turned into embarrassment.

My head started to spin and my stomach started turning. Not like it did when I almost died, let's face it I didn't have it, but in a different way. A good way.

"You what?" I asked just making sure I heard him right.

"I, uh, I said that I love ya." He whispered, scratching the back of his neck and looking anywhere that wasn't me.

"That's interesting," I smiled and he gave me a quick confused look. "Because I love you too." I whispered and waited for him to react, not wanting to push. Knowing him, even though he said it first he'd still get freaked out if I pushed to much.

He slowly looked over at me and started to slowly pace. "Really?" He asked in the smallest voice that could come out of that man.

"Yeah." I nodded, completely forgetting that five seconds ago I was ready to string him up by his balls.

He walked over to me and slammed his lips against mine. I kissed back immediately, wrapping my arms around his neck. He gripped my waist with such strength I might bruise. Then, before I even knew what was happening, my feet were off the ground and my legs were around his waist.

My back against the wall, I slid his vest off his shoulders and his tongue wiped across my bottom lip. I opened my mouth and his tongue slid in, twirling around mine. I kicked off my boots and he unbuttoned his shirt, our lips parting so we could catch our breath as we do so.

Once his shirt fell I slid my hands up his back, feeling the uneven skin where his scars are. He kissed down my neck and I tilted my head so he had more access. It felt good, better than good.

He pulled off, much to my dismay, and ripped open the button up I was wearing, buttons flying everywhere. That was hot, but I liked that shirt.

He pulled me off the wall and gently laid me down, as if trying not to hurt me. He hovered over me, one hand on each side of my head, and kissed my collar bone. I spread my legs so he could fit between them as he slid down my body. He kissed between my breasts over my bra, down the line of my stomach, my hip bones. He then did something that amazed me so much I wanted to cry.

He kissed my scar, kissed it so lightly I almost couldn't feel it. His fingers brushed my sides as he did, causing a shiver down my spine. He the came back up and kissed me again, so passionate and sweet. A kiss from love.

He loves me, I love him. This moment were I was touched where I've never been touched. Kissed where I've never been kissed. It was all about me, him and the love we share.

That's something interesting.

------------------------------//---------------------------

Sooooooooooo...they made up!

Hope you liked it!!!!

Please vote & comment!!!!

~Kenna