Chapter 15

"Yes. Yes. Who is-" Rick stuttered out, stopping mid sentence.

I'm trying not to freak out right now, not doing a very good job because I keep trying to crack my fingers. Rick is talking to someone on the phone, a phone that doesn't work. Shit I'm not sure it's even plugged in.

"Where are you?" Rick asked the phone.

He going crazy. This isn't good, this really isn't good. Rick looked over at me and gave a look that said 'what could this be'. I shrugged and he put his attention back to the phone. This. Is. Not. Good.

"You could be a 1,000 miles away." Rick said.

He, he thinks this is real. Oh my lord, I didn't think he'd be hearing a phone fucking ring!

"Are-are you some place safe?" He asked and I pinched the bridge of my nose.

I started pacing back and forth, do I tell him he's hearing things or do I just let him hear things. Oh God this is scary. Am I going to hear things? Maybe this place is haunted.

"What makes your place so safe?"

It's safe cause it's not real! I don't know what to do.

"I have a son. I have a new born baby. I'm with a good group of people, one of them is standing right here. Could you take in others?" Rick spilled out information and questions.

"Well put them on! Let me make a case!" Rick yelled, sounding desperate.

I'm just watching him now, trying to figure out what exactly is going on. He obviously is talking to 'someone' who has a safe 'place', and Rick's trying to get 'them' to let us in. My head hurts.

"Please! Please don't go!" He yelled making me jump.

"Please, we're good people here. We just need some help and we can help you." Rick started crying into the phone. I walked closer to him but he started talking again.

"Please! You don't understand, you don't know." His voice broke with every word. I looked down and took a deep breath.

"We're dying." He whispered and I quickly wiped the tear that fell from my eye.

I heard him put the phone down and I looked up at him. He just stared at the phone, I gently grabbed his shoulder.

"Who was it?" I asked, trying to sound genuine.

"Some girl. Said she was from a safe camp. Said she'd call back in two hours." He said, looking up at me. I nodded and crossed my arms.

"OK, that gives us enough time to get cleaned up and check on the others." I said slowly so he didn't think I was pushing him.

"OK?" I asked and he nodded, sighing.

We made It back and got cleaned up and in new clothes. It was so early in the next day that no one was up yet. I looked at Daryl while he slept, never seen him this calm. He always up before me.

Rick wanted to go back for a little bit till the others got up. I nodded and we sat by the phone and just waited.

"April?" Rick asked, I hummed a response and Rick looked at me nervously.

"Is it true?" He asked and I raised an eyebrow.

"Is what true?"

"What you said, about your dad." He said and I looked at him, taking a deep breath.

"Yes." I whispered, looking at me hands as I tried to pop my fingers again.

"I'm sorry." He said. I smiled and looked up at him.

"Don't be."

-----------------------------//----------------------------

I updated!

Hope you liked it!

Please vote & comment!

~Kenna