Chapter 12

Always By Panic! At The Disco
Say you love me by Laura Zocca
Some things in life seem so unfair. How something so precious can have it's innocence snatched.
Alex and I were driving to my house late last night when we stopped at a gas station to get a drink. When we pulled up, there was an older lady and an obvious drunken man on their hands and knees looking under a propane shelf in the front. I gave a skeptical glance as we walked past. I went to the bathroom and Alex went to ask them if they needed help. As I came outside, Alex stood watching. We shared a look as I walked closer. Under the shelf, a tiny kitten hid in a little ball, shaking in fear. Someone had dumped the poor little thing being no more than a few weeks old. The woman went back inside and we worked to get the kitten out. Finally we spooked the kitten out from under it and it took off into the parking lot. Alex and I ran after the kitten as fast as possible and soon scooped it up. She was so little, she fit in my hand. She had road rash all on her leg, stomach, and tiny little tail. The tiny kitten shook like a leaf in my hands as we took her into the gas station and sat at a table. The store owner brought a bowl of milk and a straw and tried to feed the kitten. She was so little she hadn't yet learned how to eat on her own. We called as many people as possible, but no one would take the kitten. Alex and I couldn't have her because I'm not allowed to have cats at my house, and Alex can't have anymore pets. The manager told us to put her in a box in front of the door and write free kitten on it. It's times like those that make me wish I had a place of my own to take her in.