Chapter 14

Northern Downpour By Panic! At The Disco

I waited all day yesterday for Alex to come home from work. By the time I heard the sound of the car pulling up in the drive way, I was jumping over anything in my path like a pro to get to the door. I rushed on to the porch and told myself I'd wait so I wouldn't get wet considering it had been a downpour all day and didn't show any signs of letting up. He got out of the car and I just couldn't wait. I jumped right over the railing and into the pouring rain. He grabbed ahold of me as I splashed through puddles and into his arms. 

"You're getting all wet," He laughed in my ear. I kept smiling without a care in the world.

"I don't mind it," I said before giving him a kiss that I had been holding in all day. He kissed me back before leading me into the house. He pulled me aside in the hallway and when I looked at his face, concern and dread seemed to be written across it. I cocked my head to the side.

"Listen, we aren't staying here tonight. We're staying in the motel my mom's staying at tonight and... for a few weeks after that," he looked at me as if the words he had just spoken were going to be the death of me. I shrugged.

"Ok? Well what are we going to do about the dog? I can't leave him here. But it's fine. I'm going to go grab some clothes and things. You deal with the dog," I said before giving him a kiss on the cheek. When I came back, Alex said we'd just bring the dog with us. So we got in the car and left.

When we got to the motel, we walked inside a run down looking room with one queen sized bed. I looked to Alex with an uncertain look and tried to make the most of it. I mean, I had eaten that day, slept well, had clothes, and wasn't out in the rain so obviously it wasn't that bad. Alex's mom left shortly after we got there and told us to take the bed and she'd just take the floor when she got back. 

Things aren't going quite as planned, but I still have him.