Chapter 24

Love me again by Katelyn Tarver

Last night was awful. We fought and yelled and then we fell silent. I wasn't even really sure what we were fighting over, just that I felt like running away and going out of state. The air between us cracked with electricity and I felt if I dared to touch him, I'd be sent flying back from the shock.
It all kind of started when I was hopping into my pants for work. Alex and I were playful as usual; throwing pillows and such. I looked at the time. 4:27. Shit. I had to be at work at 4:30.
"Can you give me a ride to work?" I asked in a rush. He gave me a look.
"No?" He sat back in bed with his arms behind his head.
"Please?!" I begged. "I'll be late."
"Well you better get to running," he made a shooing motion. I gave him an incredulous look.
"Are you kidding me?!" "Alex, please!" I pleaded. He absolutely refused. 4:28. After arguing a little more, he finally grabbed his keys in a pissy way. I was beyond mad.
The next day I took him to Dairy Queen for dinner. He ordered an ice cream cone and I ordered cheese fries. I was trying to be playful and I dipped his nose in the ice cream. He completely over reacted and smashed the cone in my dinner. I was super hungry but not enough to pay for more so there went my dinner. Then we got home and he was just a total jerk. He got mad because I was talking to an old friend of mine that just so happened to be an old boyfriend of mine. I dated the guy three years ago though and we dated for a total of like 7 months compared to me and Alex's two years. Things picked up until that electricity was there and I layed still in bed. I was afraid if I moved, I'd fall apart.
I woke up this morning to the birds chirping and I rolled over. I still remembered last night and I didn't want to say anything to him. I sat up slowly and he grabbed me and pulled me to his chest. His body was warm from sleep and his hair was tousled.
"I love you," He murmered. 
"I love you too," I whispered. And just like that, everything was forgotten. Everyone has their bad days. He was just having one and I had to understand that. There's some days I'm a total jerk to not only him, but to everyone and when I am, he has patience. That's one of the things I've learned. You have to work at life everyday. Even when someone is being awful, you can't just cut them off and give up on them completely. That isn't how life works. Sometimes people need space and don't mean the words that they say.