0.3

• J U L I E A B E L •

"hey I need to tell you something"

Julie's phone rung, the sound familiar to her ears as she felt the phone vibrate in her hand and read the text that popped up on her screen.

She sighed, throwing her backpack onto the floor before she herself collapsed on to the side of her twin mattress bed, typing up a quick message in reply,

"Sure dude whats up?"

A low scowl came out of her lips. She was irritated. Not for reasons that were acceptable, but reasons which were oddly absurd in her world. She couldn't get Matthew out of her head and it irritated her. She doesn't recall ever not having feelings for Matthew and it irritated her. She wanted to be happy that Matthew found someone as tender and sweet as Matthew describes his mystery girl and in all the wrong and right ways it irritated her.

"You know we've been talking for months now right?"

The text popped up on her screen, amidst her thoughts she still had enough of a right mind to reply,

"Just tell me where you're going with this...You're starting to scare me."

Julie, in her spare time would scurry around sites such as omegle and kik, saying whatever she pleases until she has nothing left to say. It was something she found comfort in. She knew she had no limits because she was behind a screen, she was behind an unfamiliar mask, an unfamiliar name and unfamiliar features. Just the thought of such a thing comforted her, leading her to have many friends on the internet, Mark, which she has found was a boy who lived in the same state she lived in was amongst many people she had befriended through the internet.

"I just wanted to tell you that.."

Julie saw the three small dots appear, before disappearing and appearing once again, over and over for a repetitive minute. She however has grown fond of the sight. She found that as time went on, Mark had many insecurities, insecurities which she possessed in real life. This was another reason why she loved the internet so much, she could pretend to be who she wishes to be, someone who's daring, who's confident, and who isn't afraid to speak their mind.

"That what?"

another series of typing and untying a message before a short text appeared on the screen.

"nothing lol, just wanted to remind you that Im amazing."

She breathed a sigh of relief. Somewhere deep in her heart she knew something was wrong, but another voice in her head begged to differ.

"Damn you almost got me fooled. Such a charmer you are Mark"

A few minutes passed before he replied;

"that I am, Ella."